PDA

View Full Version : Charters to Sardinia

Groundbased
29th Jul 2003, 00:10
Hi,

Do flybe operate charters from LGW to Alghero, Sardinia?. If so would this be RJ/146 equipment?

Cheers

Whispering Giant
29th Jul 2003, 06:31
Groundbased - nope Flybe do not operate regular sceduled charter's into Alghero in Sardinia, allthough they did do a one off charter there about a month ago.
We do regular weekend charter's to Bastia in Corsica and untill this summer we also regulary did charter's to Calvi in Corsica.

:cool: :cool:

frb98mf
29th Jul 2003, 23:48
But of course you can fly with the wondrous Ryanair into Alghero from Stansted. Last time I did it, they even generously gave us an extra 3 1/2 hours free in Sardinia! How thoughtful.

Incidentally, you can also fly Meridiana into Olbia, the east coast is much snootier but arguably nicer looking - Costa Smeralda, scene of the James Bond Lotus swimming in the Spy Who Loved Me, regular haunt of F1 drivers and Hollywood stars in Porto Cervo, Golfo Aranci etc.

Alghero is on the west side - actually a nice town itself, historic anomaly means they speak Catalan there. No beaches though - too rocky. But up the coast is the amazing Neptune Grotto, and some of the inland towns are interesting - Sassari has cool architecture. And definitely take a train - tiny single tracks through incredible mountain passes and valleys.

GROUNDHOG
30th Jul 2003, 01:16
Obviously not sure why you ask the question Groundbased but if it helps Holiday Options in Haywards Heath, Sussex are probably the number 1 charterer of aircraft to Sardinia. Haven't got the number but they know the market better than almost anyone.

tailscrape
30th Jul 2003, 06:11
Alghero:

Can really recommend a stay there. Lovely little town, a handful of good restaurants, but not too many bars. Not rowdy at all, a lovely place for a weekend.

As for Grotto Nettune, it is AMAZING!

Sassari.... damp and wet when I visited, some stunning squares with a very grand town hall. And good bars.

Costa Smerelda....probably best not to go there unless you are a year 20 BA captain with your original wife. VERY EXPENSIVE!

I would recommend a trip to Alghero. Do the Grotto and stop at the bar at the top of the steps afterwards. It is amazing how quickly you feel pissed!;)

chippy63
30th Jul 2003, 15:58
Excel fly from LGW to Olbia, on the NE side of the island. This is handy for Costa Smeralda, mentioned above.
Flew them last week on a Mark Warner holiday up on the northern tip of Sardinia, good holiday and good value.:ok:

www.excelairways.com

Blighty Pilot
30th Jul 2003, 16:05
duo operate a charter on behalf of holiday options from Birmingham to Sardinia (AHO) every saturday

www.duo.com