PDA

View Full Version : 你好

anyewo
28th Jul 2003, 23:41
sorry guys, no languages other than english on the main boards!

Dan Winterland
29th Jul 2003, 05:02
@^~# #$~&n\\! 4*n))>@"" :ooh:

BEagle
29th Jul 2003, 13:56
Is that an Icelandic song?

Hong Xing
29th Jul 2003, 15:47
Anyewo:

I agree with your suggestion as it's a good idea that will promote ties between us all. If you wish to converse in Chinese only then I will be only too pleased to join you. If you wish to use Chinese with its equivalent English translation (for the moderator) then that's OK with me. Unfortunately we will have to share the screen with an element of the proletarian uneducated as per our friend Dan Winterland whom I describe as " Handan Xue Bu ". Stay in contact.

Hong Xing

Dan Winterland:

Just for you I offer translation of "Handan Xue Bu". It is a person who loses his original self by slavishly imitating others.

Hong Xing

Dan Winterland
30th Jul 2003, 07:25
Hong Xing, I'm still fully in touch with my original self thank you and there was no intent at imitation. It was a subtle message that very few people on this web-site wil have Chinese script encoding on their computer - and if not, the message comes across as raw text.

Please feel free to converse in English to share your good idea. Or if you don't think it's worth sharing, perhaps ask Danny to start a Cantonese or Putonghua forum. However, you may have to volunteer to moderate.

Best regards (with no insults attached)

Dan.

PS - I do have encoding enabled, but through the pprune server routed through a western ISP, it still came through as raw text. This could be a problem you may need to solve if you wish to converse in a Chinese language.

Hong Xing
30th Jul 2003, 15:58
Dan Winterland:
Your reply to what I saw as a slight is most welcome and I would like to withdraw the words " proletarian uneducated ". May I suggest we start all over again.

I'll send Danny a note and ask if he will consider a Chinese forum that embraces the Peoples Republic of China and the Repulic of China (all " B " registrations) on at least a trial basis. Just prior to the locked cockpit door policy I travelled as a flight deck passenger to Chungking on a B737-800 of China South West. Both Captain and F/O (who were China Academy trained and looked like schoolboys) spoke perfect English but they read and responded to the checklist in Chinese. This says to me that perhaps there are many of our aviation brothers who may wish to contribute to these boards in Chinese and English. Let's see what Danny says. Take care, regards

Hong Xing

Mr. Moderator:
Would you be so kind as to pass this thread in its entirety to Danny for his consideration. I will send him a separate note re the subject but I would like him to see how it's evolving. Many thanks.

Hong Xing

Dan Winterland
30th Jul 2003, 17:03
No offence taken. It was my fault as my reply was a bit too subtle!

A B registered forum would be a good idea, after all China is the fastest growing aviation market in the world. I myself fly B registered aircraft. Although my sphere of operations are covered in the Fragrant Harbour forum, it is a veritable 'Sea of Discontent' which is frequently hi-jacked by people with their own political agenda.

There is of course the 'Far East' forum which would probably best re-named the Asia forum due to the increasingly international nature of the site. It does seem to cover a huge area, but as more and more people from the region register, sub divisions may be required.

Regards,

Dan.

Hong Xing
30th Jul 2003, 18:37
Dan Winterland:

What you say is very interesting and I agree with your sentiments. Fragrant Harbour is something of a sad case which is regrettable. I have written to Danny so let's see what he says.
Take care, regards,

Hong Xing