PDA

View Full Version : ISlandflug Icelandic

irishcc
28th Jul 2003, 07:17
Air Atlanta Icelandic to take over Islandsflug!

Allegedly!

Any confirmation????????

JustaFokker
29th Jul 2003, 00:16
The owners of Air Atlanta, Blue Sky Transport have acquired 33% of Islandsflug. No merger is planned!

Gordinho
29th Jul 2003, 01:02
So they're part of the same holding company rather than a merged company.

Seems like some of the non-operation functions are pointlessly duplicated though given the obvious synergies of owning two Icelandic wet-leasing airlines. Time to cut dead wood?

Joe Curry
29th Jul 2003, 01:36
.Islandsflug was at EDI recently with this
737-300 'combi' (http://www1.airpics.com/showimg.php?imgid=42568)

It looked remarkably like part of Channex's combi fleet, even the c/s was similar.

Will the real owner of .Islandsflug please stand up?:cool:

Gordinho
29th Jul 2003, 15:24
Joe, that's kind of the point of a wet-lease. Channex lease the Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance and Insurance from Islandsflug and they operate is as part of the Channex Fleet.

Depending on the length and terms of the contract the aircraft may or may not be painted to look like the rest of the lessor's fleet.

As for who owns the aircraft; could be Islandsflug, could be another leasing company, could be a bank. It is largely immaterial. What matters is the AOC, the registry and the oversight.

4Screwaircrew
29th Jul 2003, 19:37
TF-ELP and TF-ELR are Channex aircraft operated in the main by our own crews with Icelandic validations, they are TF registered whilst we go through all that is required to certify the cargo door installation in the UK.

These aircraft are QC quick change variants not combis they fly in all pax or all cargo config with no provision for operation in a mixed configuration.:)

Joe Curry
29th Jul 2003, 19:38
>>Joe, that's kind of the point of a wet-lease. Channex lease the Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance and Insurance from Islandsflug and they operate is as part of the Channex Fleet.<<

I'm intrigued by the in-cabin cargo doors, does the CAA
allow aircraft equipped thus on the UK registry.?

I could of course be way off beam here.:=

>>These aircraft are QC quick change variants not combis they fly in all pax or all cargo config with no provision for operation in a mixed configuration.<<

I saw the seats going into a Channex aircraft at EDI recently.
Quite a neat operation...:O

Gordinho
30th Jul 2003, 00:59
I'm not sure where the UK CAA stand on the cargo doors but I know Lufthansa have (or had) a bunch of these and the Germans had absolutely no problem with it so assuming JARs have meaning I suspect the certification process underway with the CAA regards the specific door modification never having been on a UK reg aircraft rather than having anything to do with pax flying in a plane equipped with a cargo door.

I can't see the CAA having any problem with Combis or QCs although I remember hearing (or mis-hearing) something about the US not allowing combi flights? Is that right?

4Screwaircrew
30th Jul 2003, 05:35
The 2 Channex QC's are ex Lufthansa machines with Pemco doors the delay in getting them on the UK register has been down to the CAA not being happy with the original standard of the mods. The aircraft have now been re worked to the new Pemco STC and subject to a few more mods for the CAA should be G-CELP and LR later this year.

They will then join the growing Channel Express/Jet2 fleet of 737-330/377/33A operating on the Channex AOC.:ok:

Easy226
30th Jul 2003, 05:50
Can anyone confirm that the callsign for the airline is Icebird??
Many Thanks
Dan

JustaFokker
30th Jul 2003, 11:27
yes, the callsign for Islandsflug is Icebird.