PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 152 Wanted.

A and C
27th Jul 2003, 20:00
I want to buy a Cessna 152 do any of you have one of these that you would like to part with ?.

Monocock
27th Jul 2003, 21:42
Dont have one personally but I think the justplanetrading website had a couple the other day.

Great little planes for private ownership. Robust and agile, dont let anyone tell you they're boring 'cos they're not......they are bloody great !!:ok:

MasterCaution
28th Jul 2003, 06:32
think the justplanetrading website had a couple the other day

So that's where they ended up. Please give them good homes, VJ (my most hours) and JC (my first flight) particularly.

MC.

A and C
28th Jul 2003, 14:10
Thanks guys I will be talking to the agents today.

These are the aircraft that aircraft you have trained on so could you tell me why four identical aircraft have hit the market at the same time ?.

And one of them will get a very good home in a nice walm hanger !.

Oscar Duece
28th Jul 2003, 15:25
These are the four Cambridge Aero club traded in for a fairly new 172.
Have seen them recently, tidy paint and interior. Not your average training hacks, but not full of avionics (one in particluar all cessna gear).

Heard prices of £23-24K, Fair ??

Circuit Basher
28th Jul 2003, 16:04
Another couple for sale at Tayside Aviation, which are advertised on their Web site at £19,500 + VAT (A/c 1) (http://www.taysideaviation.co.uk/aircraftone.html) and £20,000+VAT (A/c 2) (http://www.taysideaviation.co.uk/aircrafttwo.html). These have been for sale for a while, so some negotiation may be possible.

Always plenty of C152s for sale in the back of P*l*t magazine or any of the other GA publications.

[BRL - no commercial interest here, so hope I'm not breaking any PPRuNe code of etiquette ;) ]

A and C
9th Aug 2003, 17:12
I have now found a C 152 as a direct result of one of the posts above ! . I guess its a down to the power of PPrune !

Monocock
9th Aug 2003, 23:47
Congrats A + C !!!!

Have fun and safe flying. See if you can make it fly backwards, I managed it in one I used to own!

1. Wait for a nice windy day and go to about 8000 feet (or wherever the wind is strongest).

2. Fly a gentle orbit and see which compass heading gives you the slowest G/Speed on your GPS (assuming you have one).

3. Directly into wind apply flaps gradually until you get to full flap and hold it off the stall with power and attitude corrections.

4. Watch your heading on the GPS suddenly show the reciprocal to the direction you are facing!

The power of those barn door flaps is quite incredible!!!

Oh and before any do gooders say I was silly, I probably was but I always wondered if it was possible and now I know:ok:

robmac
10th Aug 2003, 00:24
I dont know monocock, I've heard a "professional" describe a "reverse circuit" in an Islander on Orkney.

Sometimes the wind is so strong that if you p:mad: s on the field someone in Norway gets it in the ear.

The drill was apparently take off, fly backwards down the runway, land.

You decide !!

Robmac

poetpilot
10th Aug 2003, 17:09
Did it in a Slingsby T31 MkIII glider in the '70s. And a Jodel D112 in the 80s. Good fun.

buzzc152
11th Aug 2003, 16:17
A & C check your PM's and let me know if you're interested.