PDA

View Full Version : LCY revised departures due WTC dissaster

Pointer
14th Sep 2001, 03:13
I've just seen the new LCY departure route...180 deg out of the city. And no landing rwy 10!

Offcourse the actual NOTAM reads a little different but its clear. no more overflight of the city. we've done it for years safely but now somebody has had the intend to do something and we're not alowed to earn our living? safely!!!!

It's not that they hit the WTC by accident!

my deepest sympathy to the families of the crew members who died in the crashes on the 11th of september.

Expedite your backtrack!
14th Sep 2001, 11:44
I thought I had better remove this post before I get sacked!

I was just a little uptight about sitting around at a closed airfield because the politicians decide to make some kneejerk reaction to what happens without thinking it through, or being able to justify it!

I am deeply sadened by what happened in America, and hope that we will never see this kind of action again in our lifetime. My heart goes out to all the families who must live with this in a world which has been changed for the worse!

[ 15 September 2001: Message edited by: Expedite your backtrack ]

Red Four
14th Sep 2001, 12:03
EYB and Pointer. The questions are, 1)which of the types operating out of City will be able to comply with this revised SID, especially with one engine out, 2) What is this going to do to the movement rate at LCY, and 3)coupled with this, what are the increased security measures on the ground going to do to stand occupancy and quick turn-arounds in general?

Guess this will make Rwy 10 deps. even more popular!!

tired
14th Sep 2001, 12:21
Yeah, it's ludicrous isn't it? Like, a no-fly zone over Manhatten would have stopped the terrorists!

Politicians....... :mad:

Pointer
15th Sep 2001, 02:10
Red Four : to anwser your questions 1. Its an all engine thing. SE we do what we need to..
2. after just 1 turnaround my ears were hurting regarding the readbacks etc. EYB you have any voice left after your shifts?
3. Forget about the things of the past.....fast what? turnaround? YMBJ

Expedite your backtrack!
15th Sep 2001, 20:57
I haven't worked the new procedures yet, but have spoken to a mate who has, and he says it is very long winded, bordering on the ridiculous.

I hear rumours that hopefully soon things will revert back to normal, if things can ever be normal again :confused:

Pointer
16th Sep 2001, 18:20
I sure hope so, this is the perfect thing to mess up a perfectly good day. mess'n around with them new pro-ce-dures! EYB don't expect me to do a double fast wammie when it's not back to normal! as for any future chocies; once they have past the xtra screenings etc....i don't think they are eatible any more?? they probably make for nice glow in the dark stickers though!