PDA

View Full Version : LH A340-600, new routes and considerations

SailorOrion
26th Jul 2003, 17:52
Hello Forum,

this is my first post in here, so don't flame me when this has already been discussed, but I didn't find anything like it on a search :)

LH's A340-600 routes will be as follows:
FRA-EZE-SCL from Dec 08
FRA-KIX from Dec 31
FRA-ICN from Jan 07
FRA-YVR from Feb 08

From Feb 10 (approximately), their first A330-300 will start operations on the FRA-CAI-(ADD/KRT) route.

New routes for the winter schedule are:
MUC-DXB daily A340-300 (that gets us 21 weekly flights on that route)
MUC-MIA daily A340-300.

Updates:
MUC-PVG will resume service on Sep 2, three times a week
FRA-PEK will go back to a B747-400 on Sep 12.

Considerations (nothing final):
LH plans to start flying soon to:
-a new city in China from FRA, Ghangzou seem to be in the lead
-a new city in the U.S. from FRA, where MSP, MSY or SEA seem to be on the list.
-a new city in the U.S. from MUC, which does not receive LH service at all currently, it seems that CLT seems to be on the top of the list.

SailorOrion

akerosid
28th Jul 2003, 02:58
Many thanks for that info, Sailor Orion.

I had heard from JPV news about Guangzhou being considered, as well as CLT from MUC. Charlotte would be a surprise, as it was previously served from FRA, apparently with not much success.

What I'd really like to know is, do you know the configuration for LH's 340-600 (and indeed, the A330-300?) I understand F class is to be ditched in favour of a Premium Business Class product (presumably with lie-flat beds, etc). I wonder if this will eventually replace F class on the 744s.

SailorOrion
28th Jul 2003, 07:08
The MUC-CLT is a quite surprise, but LH is obvioulsy putting high hopes in U.S. Airways as a Star member. Also BMW seems to be interested in the route because their U.S. Plant is near CLT. the US Airways service from FRA to CLT seems to running well. There are also rumors that LH plans to start flying to no less than three new Chinese cities by 2005/2006

Well, it seems that the A340-600 will have a 66C/279Y if I counted correctly. The new C class will be introduced (full flat beds), Connexion by Boeing will be running by 2004, and there are rumors that the new Y class will be introduced as well, but that seems to stay a rumor (for at least another year)

The A330-300 configuration is not yet known (at least not by me), but an educated guess would be something near 56C/200Y.

Besides: MUC-JNB will also be flown this winter 6 times a week with A340-300, whereas MUC-YUL is to be suspended (possibly because of lack-of-aircraft); that route is planned daily in Summer 2004.

SailorOrion