PDA

View Full Version : Us Visas

notice
26th Jul 2003, 06:49
Scroggs, where is the posting you promised.......on 11 MARCH !?

Meanwhile, the current query (posted also on Private Flying) is:

Which JAA FTO's still operate and do Brits. need a visa to fly in the U.S.A., despite being great allies (or are we treated like an Ali)?

scroggs
28th Jul 2003, 07:16
The simple answer, notice, is that I have not had time to complete all the work I wished to complete on the subject, compounded by the fact that the goalposts are being moved by US Immigration faster than I can keep up with!

You may be aware of the fact that I haven't been active on the forums over the last couple of months. I won't bore you with the details, but it's not for lack of interest on my part. Unfortunately the demands of my family and my employer take precedence over the demands of Pprune, or any individual on Pprune - including you.

As you know, Richard Gentil's post on US Visas remained on Private Flying even after it had been removed from Wannabes, and there have been many posts over the last few months detailing the changes to US immigration policy as it affects those on flying courses, so I hardly think you've been deprived of the relevant information. In any case, haven't you done all the US courses you need to do?

To those who genuinely (unlike notice) need accurate information on the appropriate visa for your period of training in the USA, you are strongly advised to contact the US Embassy in your country of nationality. Remember, whatever information is posted on Pprune can never be taken as Gospel on the subject; you must talk to the US authorities.

Scroggs

FlyingForFun
28th Jul 2003, 15:20
Well said, Scroggs. Everyone on these forums, moderators as well of the rest of us, post because we like to pass whatever experience or knowledge we've acquired along the way when we have a moment to spare. When we don't have a moment to spare, tough. Notice - your post did sound (hopefully unintentionally?) like you were demanding information from Scroggs?

Anyway, besides Scrogg's advice on Visas, you also asked:Which JAA FTO's still operateAs always, the CAA list all their approved schools here (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/srg_fcl_ApprovedFTOs.pdf). This hasn't changed recently. As far as I know, the CAA are the only Authority to approve schools outside of Europe, so any US school not on that list will not be able to provide you with JAR training.

FFF
--------------

Hulk Hogan
28th Jul 2003, 21:42
Notice are you trying to get up to speed on the visa requirments for a certain school at ormond beach?

Wasn't you rumbled a few weeks ago as being a certain Mr Thompson? How's life back in Florida after you were told to pack your bags and leave a particular taffy airline? Is the weather better than what it was in South Wales?

PPRuNe Towers
29th Jul 2003, 00:18
As pointed out elsewhere, 'notice' runs a Florida training school. As a conscientious and professional aviator he is intimately aware of the visa requirements. However, his interest in wannabees as anything other than paying customers is non existent. He inhabits the forum solely to bait his competitors and PPRuNe which refuses to allow his school to be mentioned on the site.

Search on his posts by name and find a single useful utterance.

Regards
Rob

Evo
29th Jul 2003, 04:06
Ah, that explains a lot. Thanks, Rob :ok:

notice
29th Jul 2003, 08:27
FFF, I suppose you might maintain that I am demanding information but that is only because Scroggs said, on 11 March:
'We have been collating information from a number of sources, and when the revised post is complete it will be re-posted here'.

The USA Visas fiasco is still causing problems (see Blue Green topic on this forum)

PPRuNe's rubbisher, aka liar Lloyd, has repeated his allegation that: 'notice' runs a Florida training school'. Produce evidence or an apology.

Another joker, the incredible Hulk, says I was employed by some airline- another untruth.

Facts Not Fiction Pls
29th Jul 2003, 09:54
If you are so adament about your position and who you claim not to be, a simple email or call would clear up the situation:}

strafer
29th Jul 2003, 17:15
Off at a slight tangent here, but why is it not possible to have an adult debate on pprune about the merits or otherwise of a certain Florida flying school and a certain Flying school owner. Is it libel threats from a certain someone or a general dislike of a certain someone by the moderators?

My experiences at a certain flying school were generally positive, others weren't, but posts I have made on the subject have been deleted by the mods. Is there not any room for what legal people call 'fair comment'?

scroggs
30th Jul 2003, 05:58
We don't tolerate free advertising for those who refuse to pay their bills to us. Enuff said?

As for who notice really is, who gives a toss?! We can all see from his past posts that he is a good-for-nothing waster, an oxygen thief and all-round cad. Perhaps all this attention may persuade him to post something useful and positive on Pprune, but I doubt it. It hasn't before.

As for the USA Visas situation, neither I nor Pprune are responsible for providing the information people need to get their Visa applications in order - in fact, we could potentially be held liable if we were to promulgate false information, even though it was in good faith. I have explained my reasons for not completing the post as promised. If my reasons aren't good enough for notice, I couldn't give a sh*t. To the rest of you, I'm sorry, but there it is.

Scroggs