PDA

View Full Version : MAN....is it the worlds worst airport for staff???

i need a break
25th Jul 2003, 03:58
Well what do u think??...is it??

Well i know we all love to watch the clock tick away as most of the flightcrews,handling agents,groundstaff,etc etc all try and get into staff west without having your car park pass swallowed and then try and find a space to park,and then wait for a bus to turn up...and wait and wait, it seems most of the airport staff start work between 5am and 7 am as its a nightmare

this morning about 5.45am appox 100+ waiting for the staff bus....which never arrived..again:mad:
and when it did arrive....its a stampead to get on the dam thing

when will they realise that without us..the workforce....that the whole place would fall apart.
why does a world class airport..(well thats what the plc say)
have its staff parking as far away from the place as u can be...every year its like this and what did the....overpaid fat cats do about it??.......they cut the number of coach drivers!! WELL DONE GOOD JOB GUYS!!!:mad: :mad:

I bet they dont have this problem every morning!!

Buster the Bear
25th Jul 2003, 04:48
Alas, service levels are dictated by the wages paid to those that are the face of an airline, agent or airport. You pay peanuts, you get chimps!

Frankfurt_Cowboy
25th Jul 2003, 05:58
Ooooh ooooh ooooh, awaaaaa awaaaaaa awaaaaaa!!!!! (well, in the past anyway) When I worked there it was great, but I was on the south side, no parking issues and a decent, uncrowded canteen. Trainee of the month twice in fact, hehehe.

Lazlo
27th Jul 2003, 02:10
Newcastle airport gets my vote. New management seem to be bent on preventing staff from getting to the aircraft. Last week they decided, in their wisdom, to make air crew queue with the passengers through security! When it was made clear to management that they would be held responsible for the inevitable delays resulting from this incredibly stupid rule, they capitulated and we no longer have to wait with the passengers.

Whenever there is building works (which is always), they take months if not years and there are never any procedures put in place during the building. Last winter, in order to get from the aircraft to arrivals we had to proceed the reverse route through departures because of the building works preventing us from getting to arrivals. Coaches were laid on for passengers but they never came back for crew. As we were not prepared to walk through a construction zone in the dark we had to take this ridiculous route. They have now shunted all staff out of the staff car park into the long stay car park which is much further away. This is, allegedly, to resurface the car park. Well we have been waiting for three months now and no resurfacing project has yet taken place.

And, of course, this business of having to use your swipe card to get through all the doors, and only NCL cards work. Seeing as how most of our crew come from LGW this can be a problem. And why, oh why, do we need a swipe card to get from the apron back into the terminal?????

Just last week we all received a Newcastle Airport Staff Questionnaire. This was, apparently, meant to improve our working lives at the airport. The entire questionnaire was solely designed to find out - a) who you are, b) where you live, c) how you get to work d) why don't you take the bus e) what would it take to get you to take the bus, and finally f) which shops you use at the airport.

This joke of a survey didn't address any pertinent issues that affect our lives and I suspect that this is because they don't care what we think. Nothing they do takes us into consideration which is crazy as we are the ones who use the airport most. I added my own box to write what I thought of their poxy airfield. There wasn't even space allotted for us to air our views!

I could go on.

lazlo

chiglet
27th Jul 2003, 04:53
I park in "Staff7". The area next to T2 has been "Partially" resurfaced.
i.e. The "Road" to the parking is "tarmac". the Parking Areas are "Rolled Dirt", so when it rains, a lot of the "Parking Areas" are under 2-7inches of water. Why?:confused:
Was it done "on the Cheeeep?" Or did "someone" mess up?:confused:
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

Stand 22
27th Jul 2003, 07:35
Manchester Airwhat? Oh, hang on, that'd be that big bit of tarmac ouside Ringway International Shopping Centre would it?

Roll on Finningly!

Regards,

Eff Oh
27th Jul 2003, 18:13
I have to agree. Its the worst airport I ever had the misfortune to work from! Thankfully no more!!!