PDA

View Full Version : Instructor Seminars??

flyingman
23rd Jul 2003, 02:53
Hi guys

Like a fool I have let my instructor rating lapse.
Although by only a few days the good old helpful CAA insist I attend a seminar.

The question is where and how quickly? I want to attend one as soon as I can so does anybody know of any in the like yesterday near future.

Thanks in advance

FM

essouira
28th Jul 2003, 19:04
I found mine through google which led me to the AOPA website. If nothing there, there are two other orgs I think - detailed on the CAA website or through google.

expedite_climb
28th Jul 2003, 20:13
or search on pprune.....

Eta is one company.

AOPA is another.

noblues
28th Jul 2003, 23:30
Is it true that you can do a seminar within the last year of expiry, and have the FI revalidated to 3 years from the expiry date ?

(How do they know that you are going to do 30 hours within the last year ? assuming you are not doing a flight test.).

RodgerF
28th Jul 2003, 23:37
You get a certificate of attendance at the seminar. An FIE will validate by experience once you present evidence of the 100/30 hours requirement and the certificate you obtained earlier.

expedite_climb
29th Jul 2003, 04:29
I believe you can now do the seminar at any point during the validity period of the rating. So if you do it the day after you renew, you effectively have the rating for 6 years. (Assuming you meet the min. experience after 3 years).

noblues
30th Jul 2003, 14:31
Thanks -

I am sure at the last seminar I attended 2 years ago they were signing the FI renewal ?

(I just got the certificate becuase on that occasion I needed a test, but this time will have the 100/30 hours).

Also, can someone confirm that now every other renewal you must do a test ?

expedite_climb
30th Jul 2003, 15:23
noblues.

That is correct - was told at seminar in april, every other must be a test now.

Mark 1
30th Jul 2003, 18:54
AIC 20/2003 (white 74) has the details:
http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/aic/4W074.PDF