PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft hire at Southampton

samson.
23rd Jul 2003, 02:50
Quick question for you...

Does anyone know of any single engine aircraft available for hire at Southampton? I know that you can hire from the two flying schools, but there are a load of other private aircraft parked on the apron and I was wondering if any of those were available for hire.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Samson.

Oscar Duece
23rd Jul 2003, 15:32
Sadly to the best of my knowledge all the AA5's and the arrow are group owned only.
Brian Mellor used to run a PA28-140 and manage a AA5B, but these are long gone.
The only other thing I heard for possible hire was a BE90, with AS ?

If your looking to save money against hiring, a goup may be the answer. But more likely at Popham, Compton or Bournemouth.

Evo
23rd Jul 2003, 16:02
A share in one of the AA5Bs was available recently (may still be) if that's of interest.

Andrew Sinclair
24th Jul 2003, 01:14
If I remember correctly the well known PPRuNer HelenD flies out of Southampton, she may be able to help with local knowledge

HelenD
24th Jul 2003, 02:40
As far as I know the aircraft on the apron by tower are privatly owned and I dont think they can be hired. All the ones on the northern apron are those from both the flying schools. If and when I ever get a share in an aircraft it wont be based at Southampton as the parking fees are very expensive for now I am happy to rent from the flying school I did my training at.