PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for serious twin eng. time building US ?

Mr. Magnum
22nd Jul 2003, 01:56
Hi guys, I'm a 1200-hour CFII (FAA) and I'd be looking for a guy with whom I'd also get along great for some serious time building : 200 or 300 hours.
The whole thing would take place around mar or apr next year, leaving form California to all over the US. I haven't negociated anything yet, just testing the water. :cool:

Flying surfer
22nd Jul 2003, 05:56
Check out your PM

slim_slag
22nd Jul 2003, 06:52
If you are doing that many hours, something to consider is buying a plane and then selling it on when you have finished. Get lucky and you might even make money.

Mr. Magnum
23rd Jul 2003, 05:02
I thought about it but don't think I'll have THAT much cash upfront... We're looking at over $50K for a decent twin, plus insurance...

Long Beach CFII
9th Aug 2003, 18:01
Buy an old apache for about $35000 - they are out there www.global-air.com

Millno
10th Aug 2003, 15:17
Not a bad idea. If you got 6 guys together it works out £3500 per share (although u'd have tech costs parking etc).

Keep it for a yr, fly day and night then sell it.

lock wire
12th Aug 2003, 00:52
From personal experience, I'd strongly advise against buying an aeroplane for hour building and then selling it.

A couple of years ago I bought a high-performance complex. Nothing particularly special, and I could expect it to appreciate in value. However, after only about 250 hours I'd spent another 40 grand on maintenance. Everything that could break, sooner or later broke. Eventually (I was already at the point of despair) the engine expired in a rather spectacular manner. That was another 20 grand.

Notwithstanding my own experiences, selling an aircraft right now is a nightmare as the market is so soft. Expect it to be on the market for a year. It's far quicker to sell a house right now.
Brokers that I've spoken to aren't interested in even listing an aeroplane right now unless you're prepared to price it way under blue book.

That all said though, I've done some amazing trips that wouldn't have possible with a rental. Check out my next 'big one':

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=ksee-kpga-kden-koma-kmdw-cykz-cymx-cyqb-cywk-cyha-cyfb-bgsf-bgkk-birk-ekvg-egpc-%0D%0A&RANGE=&PATH-COLOR=red&PATH-UNITS=nm&SPEED-GROUND=145&SPEED-UNITS=kts&MARKER=1&RANGE-STYLE=best&RANGE-COLOR=navy&MAP-STYLE=

carbonfibre
13th Aug 2003, 18:20
Mr Magnum,

I have seen some good prices out there and would consider upto paying for 75 - 100 hours depending on negotiated deal plane etc.

If you get prices , ideas etc, PM at anytime to dicuss and i will pass phone number onwards

:ok: