PDA

View Full Version : Wot? Not yet solo?

Pianorak
20th Jul 2003, 23:31
Hands up all PPL students who have done 23 hours and still not gone solo? No prize for guessing who hasn’t gone solo yet either. Should I shoot myself? :confused: :{

flyingfemme
21st Jul 2003, 00:07
I went solo after 12 hours (std 3 circuits). Suffered terminal brain fade after that and it was ANOTHER 12 hours before I was allowed out alone again.
You get there at your own pace, in a way that keeps you comfortable.

HelenD
21st Jul 2003, 00:30
Dont worry about not being solo, the more you stress about it the longer it will take. I got to 66 hours before I got sent solo and that was after 7 hours on a different aircraft type. it was however begining to get to me seeing people who started training after me getting sent solo before me arround the 25 to 30 hour mark infact all my pre licence solo was done at my second flying school, i how hire from both places depending on where in the country I am.

Pianorak
21st Jul 2003, 00:59
Hey – encouraging replies from not just one but THREE VIP Ppruners. That sure has bolstered my morale no-end! Thanks!
Actually, I have moved “side-ways”, doing navex instead of those wretched circuits – and with a new FI (hmm, nuff said).
:cool:

Whirlybird
21st Jul 2003, 05:05
Took me 40+ hours Fred Don't worry about it. It makes no difference in the long run.

That was my PPL(A) by the way, not whirly things.

Spikeee
21st Jul 2003, 07:54
The FI i started out with it took me quite a long time to go solo, and progression was slow, i made lots of errors, i started with a new FI and everything came together.

The first FI was good but i just couldnt fly well with him, dont really know what it was but it didnt work well. It was a wise decision to put me with a new FI.

I just seen my training record and it started out very badly with poor this, bad that... but once i started with the new instructor it was good this, good that etc. Dont know what it is but i think its important to find an instructor you can fly well with.

Spike

Pink_aviator
21st Jul 2003, 13:23
Don't shoot your self please.
I went solo at 21 hours,and it was not long after i'd seen the TV programme (flying school )that i actually booked my first lesson.
Having seen those students solo I was impatient for mine from about twelve lessons,and it held no fear the thought of it only excitement . (
However I knew i had to perfect my landings first (take off and circuits seemed to be perfected (if they can ever be called perfect, and i suspect not , but you know what i mean).
ANY WAY

It was 21 and a half hours to be exact, and then again at,25 ,26 and 27.
Now they are keen for me to do more and more, but I personally need to hold back (may be gain more confidence first,) before I want to do another long stint.
SO look out
(when you go for it boy, or when they send you on it) there will be no stopping you
good luck

PINK-AVIATOR

Pianorak
21st Jul 2003, 15:43
Spike You’ve hit the nail on the head – a lesson I too have now learnt. Whoever would have thought that “chemistry” was one of the more important subjects to be studied with great care . . . ;)

Pink Aviator OK, I won't shoot myself just yet! I really must find the time to read THAT thread of yours. :cool: