PDA

View Full Version : Laser Eye correction

batty
20th Jul 2003, 21:51
Just a point, there seems to be loads of adverts on Pprune at the moment for Ultralase eye correction.

Seems a little daft since you cant hold a Class One medical if you have had this treatment!!!

So think very carefully or those of you with aspirations in that direction may shoot yourselves in the foot.:{

Send Clowns
22nd Jul 2003, 19:56
Talk to the CAA medical department before eye surgery. They do now accept some laser eye treatment, I understand.

batty
24th Jul 2003, 01:10
Last time I spoke to them they said no way....and I would love to have it done....

TRon
24th Jul 2003, 02:07
There was a guy on my course who had it done and I saw his Class one. I think you need a years 'downtime' after surgery before it can be issued.

moku
25th Jul 2003, 00:43
Yep would agree with Send Clowns and TRon on that one. I can be done but expect down time before CAA will give you a medical.

ecj
25th Jul 2003, 00:51
Just bear in mind that whatever your prescription was prior to surgery, this is what the CAA regards as your uncorrected vision for the purpose of any class of medical.

So even if surgery results in say, 6/6 6/6 or better, the uncorrected vision prior to surgery remains a critical factor in their medical assessment.

AH64 APACHE
25th Jul 2003, 20:47
If you want to be a pilot then your eyes are CRITICAL to your employment and enjoyment prospects. Is it really worth risking everything to do this????:confused:

Used to know a guy on this forum who sold the medical lasers to the doctors. He wore glasses still and said that all doctors he sold them to still wore glasses.

Nuff said.
:8