PDA

View Full Version : ATPL DL Ground School

ibzflyer
20th Jul 2003, 02:28
HI, I'm in the process of choosing a School to get my ATPL through distance learning, and hopefully convert my license from FAA to JAA, I work in the USA and don’t feel like sacrifice my job as a current pilot to convert, I heard about that really affordable school name Air Naples, where you can do it DL, wonder why is so much cheaper than others, anybody been there? Is that school trustworthy? and last, anybody did it through them?, any suggestions? Thanks

jedwards
21st Jul 2003, 00:27
After much thought and research I bought the nac groundschool atpl dl course about 6 weeks ago now.

The notes are good and well laid out, and website very helpful.. there is a lot of discussions between students and helpful answers posted by the tutors. I cant fault the tutors they answer my questions very quickly either via their 800 number (I am based out of La Gaurdia NY) or via email.

There have been some minor errors I have found in the notes, but upon reporting or questioning the page one of the tutors fixes the error, or gives an explanation about what I thought was an error within the same day. I am impressed so far, I can compare it to another co-pilot with my company who is completing his DL course with a UK based school, and am glad that I chose nac.

Oh another good point is the brush up and exams are here in the states, other schools make you travel to the UK. There is another school that also offers DL with the choice of USA exams, that is Atlantic in Coventry, but the notes I saw were atrocious, all copies of copies in black and white, the course fee was about the same as nac, but no website and time difference would have made support and help hard to come by.

email me if you have further questions.
Jed
(edited due to my bad spelling)