PDA

View Full Version : Senior Captain's roles

Touch'n'oops
19th Jul 2003, 21:44
What is expected of Senior Captains?

What is their main duty and roles with-in airlines across the world?

Notso Fantastic
19th Jul 2003, 23:14
I see you <<I have taken the chance and I am training in Spain for my ATPL. I see a lot of fresh airline guys/gals coming to do Jet Orientation Courses!>>.......so presumably you at least already have some idea? So why not update your profile to something sane, sensible and informative if you are going to join a forum and ask a question for which you already have a good idea of the answer?

redsnail
19th Jul 2003, 23:25
The tasks that the senior captains that I have met involved organising the post flight refreshments or drooling at my Ducati.
:ok:

Note, finding coffee at Circular Quay was one senior Captain's quest! :E

redstar
21st Jul 2003, 04:06
Depends what you mean by senior, boy.

Those that are at the top of the seniority list, those that are older or those that take on a management role e.g. fleet management, chief pilot etc??

redstar

Touch'n'oops
21st Jul 2003, 19:15
From the confusion, I assume airlines use the term 'Senior' in different roles!

When I mean Senior, I talk about some one who has accepted a position of increased responsibilty. I think some may call him/her a 'Chief pilot'.

So lay the questions again...

What roles does a Chief Pilot carry out?
Also, how much do their flying hours differ, once the job has been accepted?

Thanks for the previous replies!

Notso Fantastic: Thanks, BUT no thanks if you know what I mean...

Notso Fantastic
22nd Jul 2003, 19:15
Well I see what you mean! As your profile is still as vague and stupid as before, a derisory answer to your peculiar question!:
Q. << What is expected of Senior Captains?>>

A. "A lot, possibly too much!"

Jetdriver
22nd Jul 2003, 21:27
Notsofantastic

Your comments concerning the posters profile are uncalled for. The question is perhaps a littled muddled, but it appears the poster wants to know the role of a chief pilot and if accepting such a role results in a consequential reduction in annual flying hours ?