PDA

View Full Version : Aer Arann Belfast-Dublin Route

mysecretsmile
19th Jul 2003, 19:31
Anyone know whether the rumours that the just launched Belfast-Dublin route operated by Aer Arann is going to be pulled before its had a chance. I am led to believe the load factors are very poor since it has started.

One of the biggest problems is that they don't appear to advertising/marketing this new route as no one seems to know about it !?

eastern wiseguy
20th Jul 2003, 00:06
Traditionally this has been a poor route ...limited success for anyone who tries it .....perhaps the train with it's more relaxed ambience and facility for customers to keep working for the two hours city centre to city centre is more attractive to the average business punter.Unless you are connecting with an EIN or some such to europe.......imho the train will win hands down ...

db7
22nd Jul 2003, 18:29
As with most NI flights to DUB timing is wrong.

Flight in morning arrives too late for connections

Flight back in afternoon is too early for anything - connections/travel from DUB.

The Port Tunnel work in DUB makes journey to city centre looong.

Loganair with LDY flight have sensible timings and often have full loads ex LDy in morning and ex DUb in evening - unlike previous operators who have mid day flights only.

controller friendly
24th Jul 2003, 06:36
Its also not a sensible time to start up a route the week a brand new road opens up connecting the two cities which is just brill.....

As eastern says if you're just goin to Dublin for the craic then the train is a great way to go and you're in the centre of Dublin in the blink of an eye or at least it seems that short after 2 bottles of champagne......:p

Mind you I was told aer arran researched these things pretty thoroughly before they started so maybe they know something the rest of us mere mortals don't.......:O

beamwidth
25th Jul 2003, 03:54
i'm sure that aer arran were aware that there was a growing trend for the celtic tiger pups to travel up to belfast to meet the ladies with the great accents, if nothing else.the problem is, as stated above, its just far to easy to go by train.better timetable, better travel time centre to centre, better fares. the only thing that they seem to have gotten right, is to provide another option for travel!!
not too sure about the champagne, seems a bit too girly for me, more of a beer hound, but if you're buying???;)

controller friendly
26th Jul 2003, 05:05
I can think of many things to do with champagne but surely you wouldn't expect me to buy some........;)