PDA

View Full Version : Cap 413

BigEndBob
19th Jul 2003, 16:12
Been out of instructing for a year or so but did notice recently at local flying club that CAP413 has grown in size again!
Flippini eck this must be the CAA's latest solution to try an improve the R/T standard. Make the pages bigger so that we can read it better.

At one time (i,ve still got it somewhere) when it was a little blue HMSO publication of about 20 pages, easily rolled up and stuffed in my pocket so i could have a read on the bus on the way home from school.

Are the CAA getting ready to provide an amendment for CP413, i.e. throw out all the pages which are unecessary and provide the few half dozen that ppl students actually need.

Most R/T only consists of about a dozen words and phrases, i bet most clubs provide a crib on one A4 sheet of paper. CAP 413 lists to many variations, the basic principles get lost amongst the different examples.

Pilot Pete
21st Jul 2003, 00:03
try downloading it from here (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP413.pdf) and then you can easily hash it about into what you want and print off your results............

PP