PDA

View Full Version : Jetsco?

MEM
18th Jul 2003, 09:27
Can anyone tell me something/anything about Jetsco? I cannot find any information on them.

Mikey21
18th Jul 2003, 09:49
go to the canadian website.
There are a few posting about Jetsgo.
The adress for the site is,

www.findapilot.com then select " view Jobs" on the left hand side, and after that scroll down and select Avcanada.
Seems a little complicated but you'll get a lot of info onthe canadian industry.
Anyway Jetsgo flies out of Pearson YYZ,
They Fly MD-83, Not sure but i think that they have 9 of them.
They are expanding and have been hiring ,i know at least 10 that got hire between this month and last month.
I heard that they are suppose to have another G/S in the fall and that it will be the biggest in numbers.
Guys get in the right seat with 2500h and above, if you have commuter hrs or bigger you should be fine.
There is a training bond from what i understand of 30 000cdn$over 2 years. The starting salary on the right seat is around 40 to 45 000/year one or the other cannot remember.
I know guys that have been there 6 months and haven't complained yet. Expect to fly around 100h /month.
Good luck .chao

KingAir
18th Jul 2003, 22:03
What Mikey21 said is true. However, just to add...2500 hours seem to be the minimum (nothing published) and you will have to come up with the $30k Cdn yourself. The company will pay it off (principal and interest) over 2 years. Starting salary is $45,500 plus per diems (some people count it as salary some don't). If you have a lot of PIC time in "large" airplane then you will get upgraded fast. I have friend there who just got hired in late spring and is already undergoing upgrade training. He was a training Capt on a B1900 with Air Georgian.

MEM
19th Jul 2003, 00:00
Thanks for the info! Do they have any 737s? I ask because I flew 737NG (6-7-800) for 3 years, and I am now flying 737-300 (both jobs in Europe). Total time 3000 where approx 1500 is PIC (plus 11 years of AF). BTW I do have my Canadian ATPL and the right to work in Canada.

extreme P
19th Jul 2003, 00:34
http://www.jetsgo.net/en/index.shtml

wrenchbender
4th Aug 2003, 10:19
mem, with your experience why don't you apply at Westjet?

qnc3guy
4th Aug 2003, 10:51
West Jet requires 4000 hours minimum and as there is not a sim evaluation.... you must have internal references.

MEM can apply on line then:D

MEM
5th Aug 2003, 10:16
Re Westjet...I have applied online but no luck...probably because as qnc3guy pointed out, I have no internal reference and I am 1000 short. It seems that in Canada, an internal reference is VERY important. Given that I am flying in Europe my chances of finding an internal reference are greatly reduced and consequently, so as are my chances of finding a job in Canada. The bad part is that my family is living in Canada :ugh: Oh well, I'll keep trying:D

qnc3guy
6th Aug 2003, 02:52
MEM

For what it is worth.... Some very nice people to work with at JetsGo. I would give it a try.

Good luck

QNA310
29th Aug 2003, 22:55
I heard that ACPA is ticked off at the Jetsgo pilots, and basically black-listed Jetsgo pilots from getting into Air Canada. The reason for this is the $30,000 bond. The way I see it, it would be horrible to get a job at Jetsgo and after spending a few years there, not be given an opportunity to go to Air Canada.

Anybody have any insight into this?

WRC
30th Aug 2003, 05:07
Gee, if I was ACPA, who's members are facing layoff. I'd be more worried about getting blacklisted by Jetsgo (who may be reluctant to offer a job to a guy who will get recalled). For a union on the edge of disaster, they ride a mighty high horse if its true.

Im no fan of 'Mickie the White' and his 30G bond, but its their business if they go for it. Im not going to sit around @FL330 dumping on some unemployed guy for putting food on his family's table.

qnc3guy
31st Aug 2003, 09:17
Thankyou

Well Said.

Besides.... If indeed this is true... JetsGo pilots would not be the first group of pilots that ACPA would be pissed off at.

Does it mean anything? I doubt it.

Willie Everlearn
31st Aug 2003, 22:49
QNA310

I wouldn't worry about any "blacklisting" on the part of ACPA. Air Canada is still battling to survive, so there could well be NO ACPA in six months. Let's wait and see.

What ACPA needs to concern itself with is their members who will need jobs beyond the present. Many operators will not find their union mentality welcome. Many operators will not find their lay-off status to their liking either. That puts most, if not all of them in a very bad position as they head out to look for work flying aeroplanes. (ouch! that's gonna hurt)

So, no. I don't think ACPA blacklisting those who fly for Jetsgo any big deal.

;)

ea340
1st Sep 2003, 08:04
willie
I find you all over the place trust me no black list with ACPA.In fact I worked for Mr. R. Leblanc 30+ years ago. Willie regarding AC pilots you worked with why don't you send me private e-mail with names after 30+ years I known them all I suspect hell will freeze over before I here from you. I have no doubt you have flown with CDN pilots but no ex AC types. The only Cdn ex pats flew for CDN C3 At etc. all ALPA but you knew that right.

Regards:ok: