PDA

View Full Version : Training in different JAA countries

Martin1234
17th Jul 2003, 08:15
Is there any way that you can take the ATPL course in one state and write the tests in another?

Is there any way that you can take the practical test for CPL in another state than where you wrote the exams?

Thanks!

Keygrip
17th Jul 2003, 11:22
It's absolutely no problem to split any section of the JAA professional training into any JAA member state.....provided that the two (or more) states all agree.

Contact each state body with your proposal - if they agree - off you go.

Some countries "backscratch" - some don't. Your message gave no indications of which state(s) you have in mind.

FlyingForFun
17th Jul 2003, 16:43
Is that right, keygrip??? I thought that all training for a license had to be done in one country. So whatever country you start training in, you need to stay in that country until you get your CPL. (The IR, because it's a rating and not a license, can be done in any JAR country though.) If you're saying it's no problem to split it, I wonder what I'm think of.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

FFF
-----------

redbar1
17th Jul 2003, 20:06
Hello,

Keygrip is well informed. I'll just fill in, here is the text in the new para 1.065 (b) in JAR-FCL 1, Amendment 3, adopted by JAA on the 1st July this year:(b) In circumstances agreed by both Authorities, an applicant who has commenced training under the responsibility of one Authority may be permitted to complete the requirements under the responsibility of the other Authority. The agreement shall allow for :
(1) theoretical knowledge training and examinations;
(2) medical examination and assessment;
(3) flight training and testing,
The Authorities shall agree the ‘State of licence issue’.
This is so new, hardly any JAA state has implemented this yet (so don't be too harsh on yourself FFF :ok: until very recently it was just as you describe)

However, JAA has also adopted a 'Long Term Exemption' (from JAR-FCL) to enable JAA states to start using this possibility as of now, if they want. Please observe the 'may' in the above text.

Cheers,
RedBar1

FlyingForFun
17th Jul 2003, 21:15
Ah, that explains it! The wonders of PPRuNe - you get to find out about new rule changes before anyone else... :rolleyes: :D

FFF
-----------

Martin1234
18th Jul 2003, 08:28
Thanks!

Can anyone explain to me why you need to take an approved course in order to sit the exams? I mean, either you fail or you don't. Who cares how you achieved the knowledge?

BillieBob
18th Jul 2003, 09:06
you get to find out about new rule changes before anyone else Except, of course, those who chose to check out the JAA website where NPA-FCL 1-16 (containing this proposed amendment) was published on 1 June 2002. Of course, 13 months is not much notice, is it?

FlyingForFun
18th Jul 2003, 21:03
:O .