PDA

View Full Version : FlyBe - Airbus?

wing_nut1
16th Jul 2003, 18:18
Has any one else heard that FlyBe might be getting some Air Busses and getting rid of 146's??

fadec_primary_channel
16th Jul 2003, 18:43
A while ago. Do a quick search and see what you find.:)

ALLMCC
16th Jul 2003, 18:48
In response to your post, the answer is Flybe are currently evaluating A319/A320 & Boeing 737 - 700/800 - it appears they have finally realised that 146/RJ is simply to small for future plans. However, they have also stated that substantiall venture capital will be required to fund the purchase/lease of these a/c.

Will be interesting to see which type they pick.

pitotheat
17th Jul 2003, 03:42
I wished I had a pound for everytime this rumour comes up. I would be able to buy a couple of pints on my next night stop.

These rumours always start at Jersey when they are losing loadsa pilots in a rather pathetic attempt to make guys(and gals) think twice before leaving. In reality they are not going to do anything until

A they really have to due to regulatory reasons (who knows)
B they really have to because of lack of spares (not for a long time)
C they really have to because the economics do not work (and they can not afford to change fleets at the moment)

As for the choise it is unlikely to be an aircraft such as Boing or Airbus as this would cause problems with retention. Better an orphine fleet or an aircraft that has not sold very well to keep the troops loyal.

Whispering Giant
17th Jul 2003, 07:06
Pitotheat - stop talking a load of old b:mad: s....
They are indeed evaluating Airbus/Boeing and Embraer product's as a replacment for the 146 - with a decision to be made within the next 6-8 months as to which it will be.:suspect:

Guern
17th Jul 2003, 07:32
Does that mean that GCI will be left out as they introduce larger aircraft?

Wycombe
17th Jul 2003, 15:43
Would have thought that the Q400 would be ok at GCI, wouldn't it?

DesignerChappie
17th Jul 2003, 20:34
There was an article in the Daily Telegraph a couple of weeks ago which said that flybe may be changing it's fleet. A319/320 or 737NG's make sense because they are trying to compete with Ryanair and Easyjet.

With the bargains available on new aircraft then it's anybodys guess. The Q400's would be kept for the routes out of LCY so that would mean an aircraft available for the Channel Islands.

pitotheat
18th Jul 2003, 01:29
WG

We have all looked into the showrooms of the upmarket car producers, some may have even gone in to look around but if you aint got the dosh you walk out to your 15 year old banger and sigh "if only........"

Guern
18th Jul 2003, 03:05
I know that they have the Q400 but comments from various visitors recently said they much preferred a jet to the q400.

akerosid
18th Jul 2003, 04:39
Doesn't Boeing own the Dash8's manufacturers, De Havilland Canada, or Bombardier?

I ask because if Boeing owned them, I'm sure some favourable deal could be worked out for a 737-6/700 order?

spagiola
18th Jul 2003, 05:50
Doesn't Boeing own the Dash8's manufacturers, De Havilland Canada, or Bombardier? Boeing used to own de Havilland Canada, but that was a long time ago. They are now owned by Bombardier.

Smokie
20th Jul 2003, 02:31
I've been listening to the "Air Bus" Rumour for 8 years now, so don't get toooo excited .:bored: :zzz: :zzz:

Ogdens Nutgone Flake...................:ok:

Flight Level Zero
22nd Jul 2003, 14:31
The issue is not whether 737 7/8 can operate into the islands (which they can and do on a regular basis) but whether Flybe would wish to nightstop two of these aircraft when they could be used elsewhere overnight.