PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair's Winter Schedules/New Routes

Powerjet1
15th Jul 2003, 21:21
With full winter 2003/04 schedules now on-line, there is no mention of new routes from any of the airports whose names have been linked in recent weeks, on this forum, as possible 'launch pads' for new, direct routes in the UK & Europe. Airports such as Luton, Belfast, Liverpool, Newcastle and Prestwick for example, have all been mentioned in the past few weeks. Maybe a little early to announce for Oct/Nov so will just have to wait and see what happens, if anything. Could be interesting though, with all the rumours that are currently flying around.

kpiko3
16th Jul 2003, 04:24
There is a 737-800 getting based at Prestwick in September,Thats what a based ryanair captain told me.
Prestwick should get at lest 1 new route(maybe 2)Ryanair say that the Milan route is inevitable,and if not another rotation to an excisting route(presumably Barcelona Girona due to it`s success)it will probably be somewhere in the East of Germany and the South of France.Rumour has it that Hanover is to be a new ryr base.

BCA03
16th Jul 2003, 07:57
After browsing the boeing website, i have noticed also that Ryanair have received upto 8 737-800 this year, and have still at least another12-15 aircraft to be delivered this year ending 03. I qoute, that being from the boeing web site.
If this is deemed true, then surely they must have routes and bases for these new aircraft coming into service before the end of the year.
I know there is alot of crew training going on behind the scenes, so maybe the deliveries of these aircrafts must be sooner rather than latter!!!
The next month or so i would probably say will be interesting....

watch this space!!!!

Tom the Tenor
16th Jul 2003, 08:10
Anyone know how well Stansted - Palermo is doing for Ryanair? A non aviation pal asked me yesterday hoping that all is okay for the visit of their elderly Italian relations later in the year. I should imagine the route is doing very well for Ryanair but no harming in getting a little reassurance!:D

Go-arounder
16th Jul 2003, 16:32
It’s interesting to see from the Ryanair web site that the Dublin-Newcastle will increase at the end of October from one to two a-day!
Its been two a-day for a number of months now!

Right hand left hand springs to mind.

:D

The_Bean_Counter
16th Jul 2003, 18:43
Ryanair have always dressed up their schedule announcements by comparing Winter to Winter and Summer to Summer to get maximum PR, so nothing new in the Newcastle announcement.

Scottish Flyer
16th Jul 2003, 18:49
Ryanair announce their schedule increases compared to last winter's schedules. When compared with the current summer schedules there is in fact no real increase at all on many routes, as the present schedule continues into the winter. A few routes have genuine capacity increases. As the winter timetable is entirely based on existing routes, I suspect there will be some new routes to be announced in the coming weeks. One route that looks as though it has been dropped is Bournemouth - Hahn as it is not listed - unless the schedule is still incomplete.

positive
16th Jul 2003, 20:08
Dublin-Manchester goes from 3 daily to 4 daily plus Dub to Faro/Malaga and Girona all drop to a weekly service all the remaining Dublin routes much the same as the summer timetable.

kpiko3
16th Jul 2003, 20:34
Dublin to Faro,Malaga and Barcelona Girona have always been weekly,hardly anything has dropped.
If anything,they must up the PIK girona and skavsta service,they are both doing really well.