PDA

View Full Version : ATCO training

dannyo
15th Jul 2003, 15:56
Morning all!

I will be starting my training as an ATCO...I'd like to say soon, but its not going to be until October '04 unfortunately and was wondering what the format of the course at Hurn is looking like these days?

When I was going through the selection process there were rumours afoot that the make up of the course was changing with more time devoted to "on unit" training with less time spent at Hurn.

I don't want to plague HR with all my questions, especially as they're in the process of moving and all!

Can anyone shed some light on what I'm likely to expect?!

Cheers:ok:

45 before POL
18th Jul 2003, 07:09
The last I heard was they were looking at ways of "streamlining" the course. ie If you follow the area radar route the course would mainly revolve around that, meaning that the old aerodrome rating would not be obtained.
this has two effects 1. It cuts out part of the aerodrome course that is currently undertaken.
2. should shorten the length at Bournemouth meaning pushing you into the real world quicker.
3. Cuts costs:E

Anyone a Bournemouth able to elaborate more on this one and when it is expected to change?

dannyo
18th Jul 2003, 16:20
Cheers 45

If anyone at Bournemouth happens to stumble across this thread, any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

:ok: