PDA

View Full Version : I went solo!

busz
15th Jul 2003, 03:41
Hey guys, soloed for the first time on Saturday, what a great feeling. The 152 went up like a home sick angel without the instructor. All thanks to OFT and especially my instructor Mimmi.

Just thought i would let you know.

Regards

Alex:cool: :ok:

monkeyboy
15th Jul 2003, 04:49
Well done, mate!

Welcome to the Club!

MB :D

DesiPilot
15th Jul 2003, 08:40
Alex,

Very well done. I am sure the guys in the ISM tower were very friendly too. This is when the fun begins. Good luck with your solo cross country

:) Jatin

dwshimoda
16th Jul 2003, 19:48
Alex,

Congratulations! I'm hoping to go to OFT in October to start my modular ATPL course. I can't imagine how it felt yet, but they say it's an experience that stays with you forever - I can't wait to "pop my cherry" as well!

DW

TCM
25th Jul 2003, 05:54
Congratulations Alex,

It was 5 years ago this summer I first went solo and I can still remember the whole ciruit!

A great feeling you will always remember.
Look forward to more!

TCM

Dozza2k
25th Jul 2003, 17:35
Wel Done! - my one and only solo so far was in a Grob Vigilant with the ATC, after 8 hours. Brilliant feeling- followed soon after a ticking off from my instructor for not completing the take off checklist properly as it was in the failing light of an afternoon and i forgot to put on the lights-whoops...............:uhoh:

AH64 APACHE
25th Jul 2003, 20:44
Well done mate

You might want to see if you can record the next one from a scanner hooked up to a computer. Sounds weird but every so often I run by it on my computer and listen to it and it brings back real memories of how scared I sounded! Be worth it when you're flying the big boys.;)