PDA

View Full Version : Attn. 757/767 jockies !

teropa
13th Jul 2003, 22:23
Hi,

I have compiled 757/767 normal procedures checklist, in which I have used many airline's checklist material as a reference.

Yup, you guessed right :), I'm a PIC767 flight sim lunatic heh.

I was wondering if any 757/767 driver could perhaps take a look at the final version of the checklist and see if anything's amiss there, and maybe needs redoing.

Also, I'm in the process of constructing a full-sized B757 simulator. Yes, it's entirely possible given today's flight sim software and technology. I desperately need some measurements from a B757 flight deck. I have had a couple of hours session in a B757 FFS, but failed to take measurements because it was too exciting to waste time on things like that :).

So, if anyone feels like helping out, here's my email: [email protected]

All help appreciated!

best regards
Tero

Jemy
19th Jul 2003, 05:47
Teropa,

Jourgenmenta (phonetic spelling for good morning!)

I suggest getting out to the deserts of the USA and buying a 757 hulk. Chop off the front 8m and then get it back to Finland.
After that you could get some timex bits to replace those which have been robbed and get going from there.

A big daft project, but fun if you've got the dosh.

Good luck and, may I say from the rest of the world to Finland.

"Kitos" for the girls"

Jemy:E

Pub User
19th Jul 2003, 18:49
A quick Google search reveals this:

http://www.simpit.de/b767dim/

Best of luck.

teropa
21st Jul 2003, 03:13
Hi guys

Thanks for the information. The simpit link I'm familiar with already, it doesn't have all the measurements needed, most of them though. I've already gotten some offers to check the lists and get measurements, and I wish to thank them for help here as well!

No, I don't have money for a real 757 hull. We are constructing the cockpit framing mostly from wood, which is adequate enough for our needs. The panel itself will be made of plastic mostly.

Tero

Anti-ice
21st Jul 2003, 03:26
Are there 757 / 767 hulls in the desert already - would have thought that at 20 yrs old max, they were still young !