PDA

View Full Version : Zoom by Zoom

Zoom
12th Jul 2003, 02:22
I have just discovered that my forthcoming flight to Canada for my summer hols is by none other than Zoom Airlines. Since I have never heard of them before, have I anything to fear? :confused:

Or have they? :confused:

YYC F/A
14th Jul 2003, 10:52
Hi!

Zoom is a new(ish) Canadian Charter carrier operating out of a home base of YOW. They started operations last year with an A320 doing Canada - FL and Caribbean IT stuff. They have now acquired an (ex. AF I believe) 767, and are supposed to be getting 2 in total.

You'll be flying on their 767's from the UK - Canada, they have a nice inflight service with great Cabin Crews, some of my friends from 'previous airlines' have found a new home their. I'd have been knocking on their door if it weren't for a YOW base.

They were set up as part of a reputable travel group that has been around for quite a few years. It's tough times for Canada's (and the worlds) airlines, and start-ups have been notorious for not lasting too long of late, but Zoom seems to be trying to really get a firm footing in the Canadian charter market.

Hope you enjoy your flight.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/375939/M/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/375619/M/

Zoom
16th Jul 2003, 03:57
Many thanks for that, YYC. You have reassured me and I now look forward to my flight most eagerly.

On Canadian airlines, I flew Wardair many moons ago and was most impressed, so I was particularly surprised when they disappeared. And Canada 3000's demise was sad too as an ex-CDF pilot mate lost his job and his regular visits to my neck of the woods. Now I have no foreign flying mates with whom to drink carrot juice and swop war stories. :{

But I notice that quite a few budget airlines are springing up in Canada and I hope to avail myself of their services when I am there. I wish them all good fortune.

Zoom
19th Aug 2003, 06:27
My hols are over and I was most impressed by my flights to and from Canada on Zoom's one and only 767. The cabin staff were attentive and friendly, particularly the chief steward with the sharp sense of humour. The pilots were good eggs as well and they did a particularly good job in getting out of Toronto more or less on time last Friday night when all about was chaos. Well done all concerned and keep up the good work. :ok:

BAe 146-100
19th Aug 2003, 21:07
Hi,

The A320 that was leased to Zoom has now returned to Monarch as G-MPCD. It was C-GZUM with Zoom.

Thanks
BAe 146-100

Buster the Bear
20th Aug 2003, 01:43
I am sure that Zoom has been set up by one of the co-founders of Direct Holidays in Scotland that was bought out a few years ago by Airtours.

www.flyzoom.com

LTNman
20th Aug 2003, 03:29
C-GZUM BOEING 767 OF ZOOM

Due into Luton 25/08/03 @ 17:00HRS
DPT 27/08/03 @ 05;30HRS
For maintenance with Monarch

TIMES MAY CHANGE DUE OPERATIONAL
REASONS

nef
20th Aug 2003, 03:30
Yes, it was set up by one of the Boyle bros (Hugh?). Apperently they are planning to get back into the travel biz in their native Scotland with a new conpany to be announced on the 28th of this month. Supposed to be hols from Scotland to the Carribean apparently, maybe they will tie in with zoom and the other Canadian ops?

Zoom
16th Oct 2003, 19:31
Apart from having only one aeroplane, Zoom had only one film back in August - Finding Nemo, which was shown to and from Toronto, and doubtless a few hundred more times since. Since the film is now in the news I feel quite privileged to have seen a film before it was even released in the UK; I normally wait for about 15 years and then regret having missed it. The other day my daughter said 'I've just been to see 'Finding Nemo', and I was able to reply pompously 'Yes, I saw it a couple of months ago - twice.' :hmm: