PDA

View Full Version : AIS NOTAMS... again, and Notamplot

Mak
11th Jul 2003, 16:08
I'm sorry for starting a new thread on NOTAMs but I couldn't find any note on this on the archive...

I tried to get a brief for a flight to LeTouquet and found out that the uk ais input forms don't accept any aiport of FIR codes not starting with EG. I think this used to work and in the archives I found posts describing it so it seems that it used to work but no longer does.

My question is what is the least painful way of getting a transnational briefing? I remember some time ago someone posting a site in Norway (if I remember correctly) that did a good job of it but I couldn't find that post. I also tried the French NAV2000 but it collects only airfield briefs.

On a similar note, I installed Notamplot but couldn't figure out which of the parsed briefs in altais go where in notamplot configuration (in other words, what is the equivalent to A1, A8 for today, tomorrow and future)?

Thanks all for the help,

Mak

FlyingForFun
11th Jul 2003, 16:58
Mak,

You need to register as an International user. This must be done at registration time, you can't add it retrospectively afaik, so you'll need to re-register.

FFF
------------

Mike Cross
11th Jul 2003, 17:24
FFF is right. Just choose another username and password. If you read through the Help and FAQ you will also find that there is a list of flying sites which don't have ICAO indicators that you can also use for departure and arrival. These have been given dummy codes by AIS (there's a list on the site) but as the dummy codes do not start EG you will need to be registered for international use if you want to use them.

Regarding NotamPlot. AltAIS says the briefs are usable by NotamPro, does not mention NotamPlot.

There is a web utility called AIS2Plot but I have been unable to locate the URL, perhaps if someone else knows they can post. This is supposed to format the data for use in NotamPlot.

Please make sure that you fully understand the risks and limitations involved in processing the data this way.

Mike

RichyRich
11th Jul 2003, 17:30
AIS2Plot can be found here:

http://mysite.freeserve.com/ais2plot/index.html

Notamplot can be found here:

http://www.notamplot.flyer.co.uk/

Thank God for Favourites in IE, as I couldn't find the AIS2Plot site using Google (although I only tried once :O )

Rich

[Edited for spelling. Oh, to be able to type...]
[see? Twice!]