PDA

View Full Version : French Airspace Restrictions

rtl_flyer
7th Jul 2003, 18:48
Read this before flying in France.
This document was issued on 05-Jun-03 by Service De L'Information Aeronautique, its on their website - http://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/dossier/supaipmetro/SUP_2003_58_EN.pdf

It's NOT JUST Powerstations, there appears to be more restricted areas SFC-3500 (in red on this document).

Keep Safe and legal - T.

Mike Cross
7th Jul 2003, 19:53
A useful link. All of these have been notammed so should be picked up when you get your PIB from the AIS website (http://www.ais.org.uk). However this French AIC (in English) gives a much easier visualisation of where the traps for the unwary lie.

Mike

FlyingForFun
7th Jul 2003, 20:28
Yes, they're all NOTAM'ed. Wonderfully readable NOTAMs they are too."Restricted area, beginning at <insert random lat-long coordinates>, then an arc of 5km radius centred on <some more coordinates which seem to be on the other side of the country> to <I've lost track of which set of coordinates I'm trying to plot now>, and then coast-wise <is that the Pacific coast? It may as well be, for all I know>........"I definitely like the graphical version better!

FFF
--------------

Mike Cross
7th Jul 2003, 22:44
Agreed.

While AIC's like this and others give a much more understandable presentation there seems to be little effort made by originators to stick the relevant details into the text of the NOTAM.

How about this for an idea? We could devise a unique naming convention that would allow anyone with the right equipment to easily locate the information from anywhere in the world. Maybe a good name would be a Universal Resource Locator or URL for short.:E :E :E Wonder if it would catch on?

Mike

alphaalpha
7th Jul 2003, 23:55
The AIP supplement is really useful.

I had problens earlier in the year with picking up the Penley TPA by notam.

I collected notams for departure, destination and alternate aerodromes as well as en-route notams for the EFTT and LFFF FIRs. The Penley TPA was not inlcuded, although all/most of the others were there.

Why? Penley was coded as an aerodrome notam and not as an en-route notam. I was not going to Dieppe airfield, so did not pick it up. Penley lies close to both the Dieppe airfield and the DPE VOR, so should be included in both the aerodrome and en-route briefings.

The good news is that a narrow route briefing from AIS (via the DPE) and a single leg briefing from Avbrief (to/from DPE) both do, however, include Penley.

I had some correspondence with the CAA about possible infringement, and understood that a fair number of pilots were being chased by the SIA. So this highly visual AIP supplement is a really good idea.

AA