PDA

View Full Version : Britannia Flight Centre to Re Open

SANDI
7th Jul 2003, 05:05
Good News - BFC is to re open on August 1st based at Lakeland Linder Airport. Initially BFC will focus on time building and licence revalidation with other courses to follow.

Anyone interested in BFC should look at www.britflight.com.

There will be many ex BFC students who will delighted to see the re opening of what was a very highly respected flight training facility.

avrodamo
8th Jul 2003, 05:38
I can confirm this thread, and have it on very good authority!BFC will be operating from Lakeland. Initially it will just be for FAA training, and JAR renewals, as well as hour building. JAR licence training will be available apparently once things are up and running again.
I'm sure i speak for a whole heap of people when i say it's great to hear that Britannia are back again!
Hope to get my hands on one of your aircraft real soon
:} :D :} :D

j0_ey
8th Jul 2003, 21:43
The link doesn't work for me, is it not supposed to yet :confused:

mad_jock
8th Jul 2003, 22:08
Hurray well done lads.

Any news what planes they are going to be using.

And as I have heard the red mean machine is no longer on the road, what's going to be the new mode of transport for the students?

MJ

DesiPilot
8th Jul 2003, 22:54
Avrodamo,

Thanks for your good wishes. I am working for Naples Air Center, Inc. as their Head of Training. It is George who is starting and will be running Britannia Flight Centre. However, I will be doing PPL/IMC and MEP revalidation tests at Britannia.

Best Wishes,
Jatin Gaur

Pressure Altitude
9th Jul 2003, 13:10
What are we doing... FREE advertising....That’s great, but I don’t think the people who have paid you for advertising will think the same.

Lets talk about the company shall we, well you give free advertising, you should get free Criticism and here we go...This is for all willing pilots...Oh yes no advertising...

WHY DID THEY CLOSE...Probably because of the visa situation...they did not have any ( that can be found out by any FAA or GOV website, hell if you still cannot find it just phone them ) and that’s why they shut down, and I suppose they thought about it and put the student first that’s a bloody good idea....

But now they want to reopen. Unfortunately I believe that you have to have a certain number of current student and passes before you can even apply for Visa Application Status....And as being closed, how do you get that, if you did not have it before......

But the good thing is that you will be able to rent aircraft, and most likely the same aircraft, so you are in luck if you have flown them before...

All Info can be found on the .GOV site, its free for all....

You may call me a sad bastard for saying all this and for putting a company down when they are trying to get back up and running, but information has to be given out before people spend their hard earned cash, and I have read, seen and been in the position of being or should I say be in the wrong position of people loosing money....All I want is for people to get what they paid for, please be careful....

Search search and search again...doing this and you will get what you want, and please do not always go with the cheapest, I don’t think I have to explain that one myself...

Lets have less of the Pressure and more of the Altitude

To Everyone Have A Good, Safe and Healthy Flying Career...

onehunga
9th Jul 2003, 18:03
PA,

Lots of probablies and maybes in your post. Why not do the research and find out why they closed down voluntarily?

If you have such a bugbear about people being ripped off by FTO's then that is fine. Setup a new post warning people not ot pay up front, check out visas (if going to US) etc etc.

Tarring Britannia with the same brush as others is a bit rough unless you have some facts to back up what you are implying.

Have to agree with you though that free advertising is a bit much.

Grafter
10th Jul 2003, 01:05
PA,

Maybe you need to get your head out of your :mad:

As far as i am concerned Brittania are open, honest and professional people.

I suggest that you get in touch with Jatin or George for their reasons as to why they closed in the first place instead of slating them on here.

I for one will certainly be visiting the school again.

By the way, it's good to hear that you are opening again George :ok:

http://www.britanniaflightcentre.com/

Grafter

PPRuNe Towers
10th Jul 2003, 17:15
We accepted the thread here because the school bothered to inform wannabees of its closure. Something other FTO's have singularly failed to do in the past and have continued to take money up front until the doors were closed.

Thus the quid pro quo for that and no other reason. All wannabees should never, ever forget the words caveat emptor as being the official PPRuNe policy.

This is especially so in the case of the seedy, incestuous, visciously backbiting world of Floridian training schools

Their seething rivalries, bitching, half truths and downright lies collectively place them all in the gutter. Making Florida the apparent flag of convenience aviation training centre, seemingly run by chancers and misfits will be the ultimate result. PPRuNe is run by working pros, flying the jets many of you aspire to. We could just view all this with lofty disdain - but we don't. It's your money they are after not ours. They can't affect our careers with minimal training in superannuated heaps but they can yours.

A few weeks on this site viewing threads and using the search engine will soon show you a very limited number of ground schools and FTO's coming up time and time again with an overall very positive rating.

It is extremely significant that, in the main, they don't advertise on PPRuNe. Why???

Well, their advertising is minimal because they don't need it. Their repution and integrity keeps a constant flow of customers - not the others' glossy ads, excited and enthusiastic UK 'agents' or the worthless 'guarantees.'

Stick around folks, view everything with a jaundiced and deeply cynical eye. They all want your money and you've got the forum to ensure your choice is informed.

Bring it on Florida FTO's, we love the bitchfest - but please, remember not to register, log in and fire off your bile from the office. Makes it just even more laughable for us enjoying this from the bleachers as you stunningly impersonate Springeresque trailer trash spiraling your collective reputations into the dirt.

"Jerry! Jerry!!"

Regards
Rob Lloyd

Mayday1215
10th Jul 2003, 21:11
Pressure Altitude,

Let me first start off with saying that yes we have told many of our past students that we are starting up the school again. So, one of them decided to put it on PPRuNe, it's a pilot forum isn't it? So, they can post whatever they want on here.

WHY DID WE CLOSE? Of course it was because of Visas. That's what we said last September when we posted it on PPRuNe. We have nothing to hide from anybody, not now, not ever. We never misguided anyone, and everyone who has been with us knows this for a fact.

PPRuNe Forums (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66520&highlight=britannia+flight+centre) <----- WHY WE CLOSED

The way we manage to keep our prices low is by controlling our overheads and sure enough we do pass on those savings to our customers. However, we are not willing to cut corners with maintenance and/or insurance if that is what you are implying. I can say that confidently because I myself fly in all the airplanes we operate. True, we are not the fanciest school out there but, there are many other reasons why we have such a huge following and people keep coming back to fly with us.

Wee Weasley Welshman
10th Jul 2003, 21:57
Listen to the Towers - for he speaks truth.

Floridian bitchfests have been the bane of Wannabes since its inception. It is the only topic to out monotonise (check grammar - Ed) the 509 vs Self Improver debate.