PDA

View Full Version : Course brought back forward!!

fly bhoy
4th Jul 2003, 20:25
I spoke to recruitment yesterday after a tip off from the lovely Minimum Rest (I owe you one;) :ok: :D ) and have had my course start date brought back forward to Oct '03, having initially been put back from July '03 to Jan '04, due to the course restructuring.

The woman in the HR department says she's not entirely sure about all the finer details, but just that the college had phoned to say that the initial assessment of needing only 10 trainees was a wee bit short and they were looking for about 27 now I think it was.

Don't know what this means for other courses that have been put back, but I would think that they would be brought forward as a knock on effect!!

Can anyone from the college let us know what's going on? Is this increased intake of 27 going to be on the new and improved course or are we going to be going back to the old style one? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

A very happy FB:) :D ;)

MattS
4th Jul 2003, 21:24
FB,

I got a call from Steve Rex yesterday, who was "Ear marking" people who were able to start Oct '03.
He said that he couldn't guarentee me a place in Oct '03, but there is a high probability that I'll get bumped up a bit.... He said he'd call me next week to confirm.

As I stated in a previous post that you took my Jan 04 place, I might just be getting that back from you :ok:

dannyo
4th Jul 2003, 23:09
Sounds good fly!

I'm not due to start until the tail end of next year. Maybe I'll get the chance to get out from behind this f:\ :mad: :mad: g desk sooner than I thought.

Dying to get on with something I'm actually interested in and serves more purpose than just p:mad: :mad: g people off for a living.

with anticipation

Dannyo

PS. I'm currently a salesperson in case you were wondering!

MinimumRest
6th Jul 2003, 21:28
And so the whole happy gang are to be together!!! :p :p :p

MR XxX

TONY21
10th Jul 2003, 08:22
it seems to me that MR is the mother of all things informative and also letting me know that the normal to prospective geek ratio is going to be more in our favour..... so at least we have a GROUP of drinking buddies.... as long as she doesnt bring THAT scarf to the party and gerry leaves the white science gettup in the wardrobe :D
tony.

45 before POL
18th Jul 2003, 07:23
Had the same info...now back on the Oct 03 course:ok: :ok:

there will certainly be a few bevvies drunk at Highfield in the first week:} :} :yuk: :ok:

see you all there:p

VectorLine
18th Jul 2003, 19:17
hello folks

congratulations on getting into CATC.

While things are still fresh in your mind could you have a look at this website (http://freespace.virgin.net/at.co/home.htm) and let me know if you have anything to add that could be useful for other ATC wannabes?

mail me at [email protected] if you have any comments

thanks

19th Jul 2003, 23:28
Hi Guys, and Hi MR,

It sounds like we are on the old syllabus as they didn't have time to re-write the new one.

Does anyone know the specifics of the training of the old syllabus eg.how many months we're at BOH for etc.

Glad to see there are some people up for a beer or two.

see you in Oct.

PS MR you have mail xxx