PDA

View Full Version : Air Show at EGCC for100 years of flight

EGCC4284
4th Jul 2003, 15:12
Can anybody tell me if the is going to be a bit of an airshow this weekend at EGCC and at what time should we expect to see anything????

Hawkley
4th Jul 2003, 17:48
Yes there is an airshow planned for Manchester on 5th & 6th July. Show will include tethered hot air baloons and helicopter pleasure flights in addition to visiting aircraft as follows:

4th July 15:00 Arrival of Hawk trainer from RAF Valley departing 09:00 7th July
5th July 10:00 Arrival of Hawker Hunter departing 17:15 on 6th July
5th July 16:05 Flypast by Lancaster, Hurricane & Spitfire
5th July 16:50 Arrival of Junkers 52
6th July 11:00 Departure of Junkers 52 this aircraft will take off and land on a number of occasions throughout the weekend finally departing at 14:30 on 7th July
6th July Arrival of Stearman

Hope this helps

rupetime
8th Jul 2003, 21:43
Who on earth planned this - its hardly spanning the 100years is it.

rt

SLT
8th Jul 2003, 22:12
Well I thought it was bloody marvellous. Three cheers for whoever orgainsed it!!! Even if we did have to widen out our approach to squeeze the BBMF in between us and the Swiss!! :O

Ringwayman
9th Jul 2003, 05:48
SLT

It may become an annual event according to this Manchester Evening News story (http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/stories/Detail_LinkStory=62335.html)

Hawkley
9th Jul 2003, 16:13
I wondered how long it would take the "Manchester knockers" to get involved and RUPETIME did not dissapoint.
The show was somewhat let down by mechanical failures grounding some of the aircraft that were planned to make an appearance but what the hell. With a negative warped mind I am sure you could blame the Airport Authority for that as well. Maybe they should have just ignored the anniversary and then you could have moaned about that as well and no I do not work for them but I do get sick and tired of people like RUPETIME constantly knocking the airport - what a sad life they lead.
I have used airports all over the world, some good, some bad and some "bloody" aweful and I believe Manchester stands up against many of it's competitors.