PDA

View Full Version : fATPL - how long is it valid

ecj
4th Jul 2003, 14:44
If you hold a valid & current UK CPL/IR on multi-pilot aircraft, how long have you got to unfreeze your atpl [ old caa exams pre jar ]

DeltaT
4th Jul 2003, 19:22
if you let your IR lapse for more than 7 yrs, then you have to redo the subjects, this would be the only way of actually loosing it I guess the way you are talking. Unless of course you have another ICAO licence and keep that IR current, then you are ok.

FlyingForFun
7th Jul 2003, 16:52
DeltaT,

I know that what you say is correct for the JAR exams - but does the same apply to the CAA exams, which is what ecj is asking about? I'm not suggesting that you're wrong, it's just that I don't know so I was wondering if you could clarify. (Just out of interest as far as I'm concerned, since I did the JAR exams, but I'm sure it's more than "just out of interest" for ecj!)

FFF
-----------

RodgerF
7th Jul 2003, 17:17
As part of the transition arrangements for the the change to JAA exams when the CAA announced the final CAA ATPL exam timetable they also announced that no CAA/ATPLs would be issued after June 2002. The relevant AIC has lapsed now and is no longer available on the web.