PDA

View Full Version : For those at Jerez

jocko0102
2nd Jul 2003, 20:08
Could people who are at Jerez or have left recently let me know roughly what your monthly spend is/was on misc items( beer/food etc).

Thanks.

D McQuire
4th Jul 2003, 19:10
Hi Jock,

Currently here in Jerez. Spending average of about 50 euros a week including: beer, petrol (50p a litre), taxi fares (divided by 4), the odd pizza/McDonalds plus the usual bathroom stuff. So a pocket money budget : about 3000 euros for the duration.

Have spent a few bob on getting home to see the missus but even that's not been too bad. Have managed to get home every time with Iberia/BA for about 250 euros.

jocko0102
4th Jul 2003, 19:42
Thankyou for that.Good price for the flights home as well.

tunneler
5th Jul 2003, 07:14
I believe the school has a connection/deal going on with GB Airways (the BA franchise that does the Sevilla flight) - think students can get a mega good deal through the school.

Well worth a look methinks.

BigGreenPleasureMachine
5th Jul 2003, 23:46
You tryin a bit of free advertising, tunny? A company man already, and you're just in the door;)

Turbo Man
8th Jul 2003, 19:46
You food is awful there!, i've just left the place and have had to buy new trousers, cos all my old ones are too big, don't have enough holes in the belt to keep them up!

And yes, Manilla Pizza is a real life saver. Together with Pizza Hut, Telepizza, Burger king, Mcdonalds etc.

Trust me the food is bad!

But have fun if you go down there, at least it is sunny (some on the time anyway!)

jocko0102
9th Jul 2003, 01:17
AAAAAHHHHHH pizza burgers and beer.

What else will i need.

reynoldsno1
9th Jul 2003, 05:52
And yes, Manilla Pizza is a real life saver. Together with Pizza Hut, Telepizza, Burger king, Mcdonalds etc. Trust me the food is bad!
Is the irony here unintentional....?

P T Flea
10th Jul 2003, 16:08
Why does everyone keep saying that the food here is bad?

I think the food here is pretty nice and there hasn´t been one day without something I like.

We always walk away from the buffets with out plates piled high.

If you´re as fussy as a five year old then yes I can see you might end up down McDonalds now and again (but I wouldn´t touch that crap with a barge pole!).

I´m getting a little peckish, looking forward to lunch...

PT
:ok:

George Foreman
11th Jul 2003, 05:48
For what it is worth, IMHO there's now't wrong with the food here ! There is always a selection of cooked meat/fish/veggie, lots of fruit and veg and fruitjuice to quench the thirst, and a good selection of cold salads.

Sure, it is a lot to ask to enjoy a novel dining experience at the same canteen restaurant 3 times a day for 60 weeks, but I for one am spoilt for choice every time.

George

PS We particularly like the "air cake" dessert; a bit of a lunchtime feature it comes in different flavours and doesn't lie so heavily on your stomach as the creme brulee I had tonight
;-)

VFE
11th Jul 2003, 08:00
Yeah the food was ace when I was there. I particularly enjoyed the way in which it persuaded me to embark on my regimented exercise routine each day. Yup, sure is amazing how much weight you can lose running to the Kermit everyday. :)

I also took great delight in plucking the various livestock from my salad on certain occasions. Real special treat that was, yes....... good job I was no longer a vegetarian at that point I guess.

One was lacking monotony in ones dietary habits before one was conscripted into Jerez. But one found it to be a rewarding experience and one which has taught one many positive things such as the ability to appreciate lifes small pleasures; for example a meat casserole that's been cooked through properly. Some of the smashing casseroles one enjoyed whilst detained at Jerez would have risen to their legs and walked out if a good vet had been present.

I also learned how to fully appreciate a HOT dinner as opposed to the regular luke warm efforts I was treated to out there.

Yes, a fine experience. Perhaps next time I'll enroll in the TA so I can experience such culinary delights whilst freezing my bollo's off in the field rather than sweating my backside off in Spain.

VFE. ;)

zerouali
13th Jul 2003, 21:33
Willing to bet everything I have that all those in praise of the food have been here for less than ten weeks!

Give it time............;) :8 :ouch: :sad: :{

xodus
14th Jul 2003, 23:44
Done the 60 weeks in JRZ, no serious complaints in the food, all right a bit predictible and boring but hey u go to macdonalds or pizza hut you end up getting the same old s^!t eveyday.

Never mind the food, the place is great, weather is xcellent Vajays is where u should be getting ur dinner. I believe Scampi is quite taseful but dont know many that have tasted it.....