PDA

View Full Version : Amy Johnson biographer on Radio 4 tomorrow.

BRL
2nd Jul 2003, 18:35
Hi all. For those interested, David Luff will be on Womans Hour tomorrow talking about Amy Johnson.

Pink_aviator
2nd Jul 2003, 19:28
PINKSTER LOVES WOMANS HOUR ON ACCOUNT OF BEING A WOMAN.I'LL BE TUNING IN THANKS FOR THE REMINDER BRL

BRL
2nd Jul 2003, 21:59
Errr, I had the radio on in the computer room and Radio 4 is the only station I can get in there, ermm, the dial is stuck or something like that, I wasn't listening to 'Womans hour ' on purpose, I was waiting for the news at 11 or 12 or something............ :O :O :ooh: :ugh:

FloatLikeAButterfly
2nd Jul 2003, 22:46
LOL@ BRL :D . It's like that feeling when you suddenly realise you've wandered in to a woman's boutique :eek: and you have to nonchalantly leg it to the nearest exit while attempting to retain some degree of composure. :uhoh:

Floaty

Penguina
3rd Jul 2003, 00:44
Oh I dunno, Woman's Hour can be pretty macho, especially if Jenny Murray is at the helm!

Damn having to go to work.

BRL
3rd Jul 2003, 18:33
Whooops, it wasn't Mr Luff after all. It was a woman who's name slips away from me. Fascinating story though from what was said about her. She certainly was a brave lady when you think about what she achieved. Amazing. Only downside is I will have to go and buy the book now.....!!!!!!!!!

RodgerF
3rd Jul 2003, 19:22
I think its Midge Gillies. If my memory serves me correct she was on a Channel 4 documentary about AJ some 4 weeks ago. Some of the other serious pre-war aviatrix were also contributing, Diane Barnato Walker and the late (sadly lamented) Ann Welch.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
3rd Jul 2003, 19:27
There was an excellent TV program recently about Amy Johnson.

I wasn't all that impressed by the 'Woman's Hour' piece - but then again I wouldn't read 'Pilot' to find out about hot flushes ;~))

SSD