View Full Version : Air Wales

Chillwinston
2nd Jul 2003, 18:15
New web site WITH on line booking!!!!

Finally!!!!!!!

Good Luck To All At Air Wales

AerSligo
2nd Jul 2003, 19:32
Mmm...shame it doesn't seem to work though!

Charlie Fox
2nd Jul 2003, 21:07
Online booking seems to be working OK now!!!!

jetstream7
2nd Jul 2003, 21:18
and....

note the comment, 'coming soon, new routes to Brussels"...

MerchantVenturer
3rd Jul 2003, 00:12
jetstream7,

I too note routes to Brussels, not route.

Presumably one will be from CWL that has no BRU service following the BA Citiexpress pullout last year.

Will the other(s) be from Swansea and perhaps Plymouth?

civil aviation
3rd Jul 2003, 06:08
One will obviously be here -Swansea- and may stop at Cardiff.
The other is rumoured to be Belfast (City not Aldergrove)

TwinAisle
3rd Jul 2003, 22:10
Congratulations to 6G on the new web site - looks terrific, and it has on-line booking!!

Good luck to them - really hope the Brussels service takes off as well - that will be a really useful one.

TA

turnoffthepapis
6th Jul 2003, 22:43
Thanks air wales! Like to see those ATR's at EGHD. Any chance of some more destinations out of HD??????????:E

bmibaby.com
6th Jul 2003, 23:08
I'm sure that this topic has been beaten to death so many times, but I am wondering who can confirm that Air Wales is looking to supplement and possibly replace its ATR-42 fleet with ERJ135/ERJ145 family aircraft?

MerchantVenturer
7th Jul 2003, 01:00
Haven't heard that one but I read somewhere it is Air Wales' hope/intention to move on to jet equipment eventually.

If they did turn to ERJs completely it would make life difficult at PLH wouldn't it?

GROUNDHOG
7th Jul 2003, 03:13
And are they still planning to do NQY/PLH/LGW?

turnoffthepapis
7th Jul 2003, 04:36
nqy/ply/gtw just a rumour about sutton holdings buying up some of the 8's from BA???? Keep Plymouth alive!!:bored:

Eh Hello?
7th Jul 2003, 08:13
Thought Air Southwest were going to take on the PLH routes with the 8's?

GROUNDHOG
8th Jul 2003, 00:02
Don't really care who it is that does the NQY/PLH/LGW route as long as someone does but both Air Wales and Air Southwest have been saying are going to be doing it.

Sure time will tell....

nick24
9th Jul 2003, 16:31
Finally! Online booking. Unfortunately, you can't book same day departure. Back to the drawing board. And the telephone which kinda defeats the object.

TwinAisle
9th Jul 2003, 16:57
Unfortunately, you can't book same day departure. Back to the drawing board.

Come on, N24 - this just makes 6G just like Expedia, Travelocity, and most other major airlines and booking engines!

Try and book a flight on BA with Expedia leaving today.... or on FlyBE for this afternoon.....

Give em a break!

TA

nick24
9th Jul 2003, 19:18
I don't agree.

I'm not trying to book 6G or BA through Expedia. I'm trying to book directly with 6G. The fact that it might be hosted by someone else is immaterial - I am trying to book a 6G service. I don't care how it's done, it's them I have the experience with. If I want a tin of Heinz beans, I don't care how Tesco gets it to the supermarket, as long as it's on the shelf when I get there. If they have run out, then I'm disappointed as I like Heinz. If I was after any old can of beans, then it wouldn't matter if they had own brand. Now compare this to flying. I want the equivalent of Heinz beans - same day booking. If I can't get it, then I am disappointed. If I just want to fly - the own brand beans - then it doesn't matter how I book, as long as I get to fly, but I'm disappointed as I want my Heinz beans - to book on the internet today for a flight later on.

As a flyer, I have seen other airlines provide a same day booking service, or for a flight departing in less than 24 hours. bmibaby is one example, and it's parent is another. Therefore I expect this from all airlines now - therefore I'd write the same thing about any airline, it's only that this thread relates to 6G that they are being criticised. If I don't get it, then I might chose to fly with someone who can offer me more convenience or what I like to call a better package. ie good flight times, punctuality, ease of booking etc.

The fact that I will probably chose to fly 6G home tonite is because I want to get home tonite not spend another night in a hotel waiting for the baby flight tomorrow. In a similar light, it's because 6G have offered a better package (ie to get me to Belfast in the morning rather than lunchtime) that I have opted for them in the past as opposed to baby.

We - as in the public as well as flyers - have been spoilt by the internet. We know what is possible so we now demand it from all companies. If we don't get what we want, we may decide to go for another option, but are disappointed with our first choice let's us down.

Chillwinston
9th Jul 2003, 19:41
Nik

think beans produce wind and your mesge is blowing it

what is the difference between hienz and tesco baked beans?

Frankfurt_Cowboy
9th Jul 2003, 19:45
The "Value" ones are a bit hard and the sauce a bit watery but the normal own brand ones in the red tin are very nice indeed, I recommend the four pack for Ryanair type value.

Chillwinston
9th Jul 2003, 19:47
thanks frankfurt_cowboy

Could nick get on that fabulous internet thingy and order me some??

nick24
9th Jul 2003, 22:29
Chillwinston, chill.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you what the difference is between hienz and tesco baked beans - but I could have a go at answering what the difference is between Heinz and Tesco baked beans.

Anyhow, I'm not going to continue with this banter, as it's only going to open up another can of beans... (groan)

MarkD
9th Jul 2003, 23:37
TwinAisle

Aer Arann (another ATR operator across St. George's Channel) handles same day out and back perfectly well, unlike 6G's and Aer Lingus's - although EI's can't do much of anything!

TwinAisle
10th Jul 2003, 00:53
Don't get me wrong here, guys.... it would be nice if ALL websites allowed you to book via your PDA as you enter the terminal.... but my point was, give Air Wales a little credit for getting it working, not be too hard on them for not including functionality that (a) the overwhelming bulk of the punters will never need, and (b) has singularly failed to be put in place by people whose entire business is selling on-line! (Like expedia, travelocity.....)

TA

GROUNDHOG
11th Jul 2003, 05:03
Baked beans are good for the heart,
The more you eat the more you fart
The more you fart the better you feel
So eat baked beans for every meal

Buster the Bear
11th Jul 2003, 05:25
GROUNDHOG, if you feed me beans for every meal, folk living close to Luton and Whipsnade would think it was another LOUD Ryanair 737-200 departure!

MerchantVenturer
11th Jul 2003, 18:42
Buster,

It wouldn't be the noise they'd be complaining about then, it would be the smell.:D

MerchantVenturer
17th Aug 2003, 04:53
Just checked the Air Wales website for the first time in a while and I note the banner 'Coming Soon - New Routes to Brussels' that was prominent a month or so ago seems to have been removed.

Is anyone aware of the reason?

eastern wiseguy
17th Aug 2003, 05:45
Might they be overstretching themselves a little?I notice that their timekeeping is a little errant at times(judging by the diversions they have had into BFS when BHD are having their driveway or somesuch relaid ...like the Windmill we NEVER close:p )Having said that I hope they prosper.

alterego
17th Aug 2003, 19:33
2 Points:

First, haven't they just got a third aircraft, so that they can do these extra routes?

Second, since most of their pax to Belfast, Dublin, London City, etc; are Business pax, it would seem they would want to come home the same day.

Mmmm.... Beans!

Hulk Hogan
17th Aug 2003, 20:06
Saw G-WLSH in Dublin the other day. I'm not suprised that they are late most times, I understand that some of the turnaround times are only 10 minutes which is way to short, it is impossible to refuel an aircraft and unload pax and board more pax as well as the baggage in 10 minutes. Who ever thought they could do that needs their heads read.
The loads in and out of Dublin look good how is the rest of the network doing?

Chillwinston
18th Aug 2003, 23:49
i'm still waiting to know the difference between heinz and tesco baked beans?

Good to hear 6G doing so well