PDA

View Full Version : OFT (but don't want to start a new thread!)

dwshimoda
1st Jul 2003, 20:56
Hi everyone,

I know this subject has been covered before, so don't want any replies like use "Search"!!!

If anyone has been to OFT in the last 6 months, for any kind of training, would they mind getting in touch with me via PM? I'm about to decide to start the Modular course with CCAT that uses OFT, and just want some hints and tips.

Sorry to cover old ground, but I'd like some really up-to-date info!

Thanks.

tampabay
1st Jul 2003, 23:59
dwshimoda,

I am also thinking of doing training at OFT next July and if you would be so kind as to forward the PMs you recieve it'd be a great help

thanks

DesiPilot
2nd Jul 2003, 06:38
Tampabay,

I thought you went to Sunshine for some training. You also mentioned they were approved for JAA Training!! Any particular reason you are not going back to Sunshine Aviation?

Cheers,
DesiPilot

dwshimoda
2nd Jul 2003, 16:40
tampabay,

If I get any I'll certainly forward them - but no responses yet! I'm planning on going out there in October, so will be happy to talk to you when I get back (Jan 2004) if you are still planning on going out there.

dw

tampabay
3rd Jul 2003, 01:32
Desipilot,

If you read my previous comments mildly carefully you will see that i said i didn't go there (sunset aviation) for training, i said i went there for a pleasure flight(s)! And in response to your question about why dont to Sunset Aviation for my training...the fact is they dont offer a residential course and OFT do Being only 16 at the moment (17 when i go obviously) i have no wish to be far away from the airport at which im training, without a car, as things tend to not be within walking distance in America. Incase you want to ask "why dont you get a hotel near Sunset Aviation as its at the same airport" i'll cover the answer now shall i? well the road that takes you to the Sunset Aviation building from US192 (the main road in Kissimmee) is VERY quiet and long, a 17 year old walking down there might be a bit of a "target".
Now i dont want to carry on this stupid arguement/disagreement - call it what you will, so lets make it clear shall we? you DO NOT have to make claims of me contradicting myself ( especially when there unfounded as this one was ) on every thread i comment on. ok?

dwshimoda,
Thanks mate that'd be great! hope you have a good time when your there

DesiPilot
3rd Jul 2003, 01:39
Tampabay,

Dont take it personally mate!! Its just the way you were so sure on the other thread. I am guessing that you havent been on PPruNe for too long. You will be surprised how much of a damage some incorrect information can do to a wannabe.

Anyway, good luck with your flight training :ok: and whilst you are there give my regards to everyone at OFT.

Cheers,
Jatin

tampabay
5th Jul 2003, 00:04
Desipilot,
Im kidding mate! im 16 do you actually think i use language like that? lol:D and i do apologise for the incorrect info about Sunset Aviation.

Take it easy :ok:

Gary

j0_ey
5th Jul 2003, 03:02
a 17 year old walking down there might be a bit of a "target".

Yes I found this out last year (I was 16) when my bike was stolen infront of my eyes along 192 by Kmart, oh well.

Problem is, I wasn't training with Sunset... I was at OFT :suspect:

tampabay
6th Jul 2003, 02:16
I wasn't actually meaning 192 i thought that looked pretty safe because it was busy, i was meaning the small road through the trees that takes you to the Sunset Aviation building, is OFT in a samiliar location do you know?

Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen

I found/would find myself being more cautious in America, no offence to any Americans its just that Britain seems much safer, maybe because im British though :rolleyes:

j0_ey
6th Jul 2003, 09:38
I see what you mean about the road to Sunset, I went through there a few times... I can't remember going along much pathway though, lucky I was on my bike at the time.

OFT's location is far easier and I suppose safer (In a way) Just one straight road, Dyer Blvd... that has street lamps and paths. The pupil housing is right next to the school, the recommended Hotel (The Sheraton 4 points on 192) is only about 60 metres away from the turning into Dyer Blvd.

I also agree that you should stay in the school's residential area (Like you said), I don't know how you would be able to get a hotel room at 17 anyway as I was unable to... :sad:

The student housing was perfect anyway and cheaper of course! :ok:

tampabay
6th Jul 2003, 20:50
J0_ey,
Thanks for the info mate :ok: thats what i was kinda thinkin/guessin

busz
8th Jul 2003, 05:34
Hey guys.

I am at OFT right now. Im writing this on the computer in the centre. Everything is great and i am having loads of fun. Everyone is friendly and the flying is fabulous. I have a nice instructor called Mimmi from Finland and she is really good. I started flying yesterday and have already done 13 landings and 1 cross- country. I have stayed in the sheraton for the last two nights and it is ok. As of today however, it becomes the Best Western. I should be moving into the apartment tonight.

Anyway, so far, everything has been top-notch!:O

Any questions, post them on here.

Regards

Alex

j0_ey
8th Jul 2003, 08:26
Do they still have any Katanas there? (N859DF) :D

busz
9th Jul 2003, 20:12
No, sorry, that one aint here anymore. In fact there are no Katanas left.:(