PDA

View Full Version : round the world in an A320 ?

eastern wiseguy
1st Jul 2003, 01:37
Posting this on behalf a young EXTREMELY KEEN guy...(mods...it is for charity so I hope I don't fall foul of advertising.)..Any crews in the hotel during this event...they would love to have a visit and support

round the world simulator flight for charity (http://www.wfni.co.uk)

Flight Sim Show on 26th At Fitzwilliam

Below is just something I have been posting on various forums.

Hi Guys,
I know this is a bit off topic but since we all have an interest in aviation and is being held at the Fitzwilliam, thought I'd let you know. There are 11 (including me) Flight Sim enthusiasts in Northern Ireland who have got to gether and are planning to fly around the world in 19legs on Flight Sim to raise money for charity.

It may seem like a lousy idea but this has been done before in America, mainland UK and Australia and been a success at raising money for charity.

So far we have around £550 raised thanks to the Fitzwilliam and through sponsorship, which is over halfway to our target. The venue if the Fitzwilliam Hotel beside the airport between the 16th and 19th July, and the first flight, WFI001 departs Belfast Int at 0730BST for Heathrow on its around the world marathon over 3 days and 19legs, arriving back in Belfast on Saturday 19th, morning. The Fitzwilliam has been extremely supportive and helpful in giving us a conference room for our event and also sponsoring us.

We are open to the public two days on the 17th and18th I think between 10am and 5pm, so if you are at the airport call in and give us a visit and suuport us. Our selected charity is Autism Initiatives which help people with Aspergers Syndrome and Autism throughout the North West of the Unikted kingdom, in providing help with education and general help to autistic people.

We are also having a Flight Sim show on the 26ht July at the Fitzwilliam which everyone is welcome to, and again admission is free.

The aircraft we will be flying is the Phoenix Simulation Software, A320-200 in our WFNI livery, titled Lady Fitzwilliam and registration for those who wish to spot it is G-WFNI. I have uploaded a picture to the photos section.

There is also a rather large raffle. Tickets are on sale present from all members and should also be on sale at the event. We may have a stand in the viewing gallery during the event if we are allowed.Prizes include; Flying lessons with WEAC, Flying time in an aircraft Simulator, Painting of an A320 inflight, ITVV DVDs (make cockpit videos/dvds www.itvv.com), Various Flight SIm software, A years subscription to Airliners World, a years subscripton to PC Pilot and a BT digital phone.
If anyone is interested in buying one or three tickets, email me and I'll try to meet you at the airport some day, they cost a £1 each and all money goes towards the charity.

For more info on WFNI and the Flight Sim Show, visit www.wfni.co.uk .
Any questions just email me at [email protected] .

Mnay thanks,
Chris

Kestrel_909
1st Jul 2003, 07:16
Hi Eastern,
You sound familair, do I know you?
So who is the young keen guy then?

BTW, I hear visitors are allowed between 0800 and 2359 all days and donations to the event can be made via their site at www.wfni.co.uk . Support is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for posting it Eastern.