PDA

View Full Version : aircraft hire in SW France

Chiggy
28th Jun 2003, 17:06
Does anyone know where I can hire a light aircraft (152, 172, Warrior etc.) in Gers, SW France. I am staying in Nogaro however the airport there doesn't have any aircraft for hire. Does anyone know of somewhere reasonably close by where I can hire?

Southernstar
29th Jun 2003, 00:17
Have a try in Auch, not sure but you may find a flying club there that will hire you a plane

ATC Watcher
29th Jun 2003, 00:42
Nogaro does not rent planes ? I cannot believe this. But maybe you want to take a plane for a few days, and that of course in the Summer would be very difficult in any club. I you are looking for hiring a plane for a period in exess of 24 hours you need to go to Paris where there are commercial entities will do this, (e.g in Toussus) but it will be very difficult to find a local aero club doing this.

Chiggy
1st Jul 2003, 21:13
Thanks for the replies guys. No, Nogaro doesn't have aircraft rental, and Paris seems a bit too far for taking family flying for a few hours around Gers. Is there a website that anyone knows off which could direct me to flying schools, clubs etc. in the Gers region? Again, thanks for info already received and appreciate if possible some more.

banzobe
2nd Jul 2003, 14:54
Hi

are you sure, that you tried all places in auch?? I was there last week, and there is a private flying school where you can rent a 172 or more.

Ask Patrick

cheers:ok:

atr42500
5th Jul 2003, 03:27
I thought Patrick was gone to britanny flying bigger planes at a much faster speed.
Anyway in Auch there are very nice people , Beatrice will tell you what you can do.
All the best.