PDA

View Full Version : Another nail in the coffin of GA at LBA

skua
27th Jun 2003, 20:53
I know that the guys at Leeds & Bradford have been moving fast with the international airport gig, and ideas above their station - mandatory handling for all GA arrivals, etc. But today they have taken the biscuit, and eaten the biscuit box as well. I have just tried to book in for an arrival at 1830 UTC, and was told that I would incur an out-of-hours charge. They close at 1700 UTC, and the rates are £50/hour thereafter. So you are looking at £75 for a 1830 landing before you get to landing, parking and VAT. What a rip-off!

iainpoll
27th Jun 2003, 23:14
hmm not good...:(

Timothy
28th Jun 2003, 00:10
Sherburn is such a perfect GA airfield, Car Hire (Lawtons in Tadcaster) and Taxis are both available locally and quickly from helpful people, the food is good, the management are charming and helpful, they have three runways, one hard, you can get radar from Church Fenton, and they are very good value; why would anything smaller than a 125 want to go to LBA?

I have nothing to do with Sherburn except as a regular and totally satisfied customer.

W

bingoboy
28th Jun 2003, 04:08
I am amazed that LBA shut so early (1700 UTC) in mid June. !!!

oli carley
28th Jun 2003, 22:36
it dosnt shut its just out of normal operating hours so they charge more, the buggars!