PDA

View Full Version : MAN-AIR. New start-up ex Manchester. Any info??

Thrush
25th Jun 2003, 20:10
Anyone any ifo on the new start-up, Man-Air?

Headed up by Mike O'Donovan, ex Excel DFO and Air 2bob CP, I believe. Intending to operate for CT2 using 767s, it would appear that they have pinched, sorry, won, the XLA long haul work.

MOD knows what's what, so may be a good operation.

Anyone with any additional info??

rupetime
25th Jun 2003, 20:40
Its being backed by CT2 - Club Travel 2000 - Manchester based tour operator.

Believe it when it takes to the skies.

Stability Jane
25th Jun 2003, 22:04
Could this be the company trying to buy the Cougar Leasing's (ex 727) AOC? The AOC etc up for sale and rumour of a potential 767 operator in negotiations.

Ex Excel ex Sabre ex Cougar. Ummmmmm.

Findo
25th Jun 2003, 22:09
Similar thread in the airlines section including links.

Man air (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93803)

1.3VStall
25th Jun 2003, 23:56
MOD - ex RAF, ex Air 2000, ex Virgin Atlantic, ex Excel, hmmm.............!

chiglet
26th Jun 2003, 02:27
A Canadian reg B763 "Zoom" landed at Manch today.
Same or different? :confused:
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

Obi Wan Kirk
26th Jun 2003, 04:33
I worked with Mike at Excel Airways and he did a great job with us piloys, too bad management didn't listen to him. This new airline under MOD's management will do very well.

Anyone know where to send a CV?

Stability Jane
26th Jun 2003, 05:36
Try J.Foster c/o Cougar Leasing

Thor the Viking
26th Jun 2003, 15:17
Stability Jane.

Methinks thine gyros hath toppled. MOD has nil connection with Cougar in any form.

To those interested: Standby for recruiting info shortly once the CTC/CP is in position.

Groaner
26th Jun 2003, 15:21
Using 757s, I think.

BANANASBANANAS
26th Jun 2003, 17:31
I had the pleasure of flying with Mike many years ago, at her majesty's expense. He subsequently went out of his way (literally - about 200 miles I think) to help secure me my first commercial position and I wish him all the very best of fortune. Top bloke and deserves success.

I too would be very keen to know where to send my CV.

Ar Kid
26th Jun 2003, 19:58
MAN-AIR, who are soon to be re-named, will be operating initially two routes out of Manchester. DELHI and CAPE TOWN using one B757 and one B767, which is doing what I have no idea?

AK:ok:

Dr Illitout
26th Jun 2003, 20:44
Manchester- DELHI?...... why?. If Air India does'nt fly the route there can't be much call for it.

Stability Jane
27th Jun 2003, 00:18
Hello Thor the Viking, reference my gyros, you sound like my husband just before I chastise him with a good whipping!

There is a strong rumour though that a new 767 operator to India etc., in negotiations for the ex Cougar AOC. Thor, you are right, but the connection with Sabre, Excel and Cougar is the MD of Cougar who was also involved with the other two, and would have crossed paths with the proposed FOD of Man Air.

Just hope that if they are looking at the Cougar AOC they don't take on any of its expert directors.

Good luck to the new venture.

Yak97
27th Jun 2003, 02:41
If MAN AIR are going to fly scheduled services to DEL they will need to the the UK/Indian Air Service Agreement (ASA) changed.

I believe that currently the ASA only allows 1 carrier from each country (BA & AI). Virgin have been operating to India by using 2(?) of the available slots that AI don't use because they don't have enough of the right sized aircraft.

AI are supposed to be privatized so that they can re-equip but I beleive its got going too well.

There is a market for MAN/India (not as big as BHX/India - See Poo Air amongst other start-ups). A lot of the competion on routes from UK to India comes from ex-CIS countryes (Uzbek, Tajik, and now Kyrgyzstan Airlines ex LGW & Slovak Airlines ex BHX) who offer services to India but include a landing in their home base (6th freedom operations).

Don't expect a quick response from the Indian's, they learnt all about burocracy from the Brits!!

Mr A Tis
27th Jun 2003, 05:16
MAN-Mumbai was always chocka on SQ, despite that, SQ opted for MAN-SIN non-stop. Only reason AI not at MAN is unavailability of acft. Would suggest there is an unserved market to Delhi and/or Mumbai.
However, my money is on a succesful MAN-South Africa route first.

JB007
27th Jun 2003, 05:46
Was under the impression you couldn't buy an AOC ???? And why would a B757/B767 operator want an AOC without the type on it!!!!!

Stability Jane
27th Jun 2003, 15:40
JB 007, you buy the AOC company cheaply, use it as a Holding Company, or apply for a name change, etc., etc., etc. A aircraft type variation to an AOC takes on average 90 days, assuming there are no problems.

The whole exercise could be a whole lot cheaper, and less time consuming, than starting from scratch.

LADCREW
23rd Jul 2003, 22:40
Does anyone have any more information on Cabin Crew recruitment for this new airline???
:-)

HOVIS
26th Jul 2003, 01:05
MAN AIR?

2 ex iclandic 747s operating to south africa.

Probably nonsense but it's what I heard form a gent who works for the company:D

flymeagain
26th Jul 2003, 07:24
The airline is definatly getting B757 and B767's and flying to Cape Town on Tues and Sat. and also to Delhi but don't know how often and how many times a week!! Think this airlines gona be a big success!!!

Danny_R
28th Jul 2003, 13:17
Does anyone have any contact details for the airline yet?

jbird11
29th Jul 2003, 19:15
I heard man-air are to operate to SA but not to DEL. We will sit back and see how these guys do:confused:

I thought they are to operate services to SA but I dont think they are to operate to DEL, never heard that. Anyway I think for the time being we should sit back and see how these guys get on with this operation:confused: