PDA

View Full Version : which one

pilot_2b
24th Jun 2003, 00:00
hey guys. this is something i will have to consider one day but which of these do you guys as pilots find more useful for knowledge
A level chemistry or A level geography??
cheers

rmmonteiro
24th Jun 2003, 00:18
physics:D and then geography!

cheers.

RMM

pilot_2b
24th Jun 2003, 00:25
thanks alot. i figured that it would have been geography but i wasn't too sure.cheers ;)

Pilot16
25th Jun 2003, 08:08
Hey Ive just done AS Physics, Electronics, Geography, And English Lit... Physics helps a great deal. And Im sure it will even more when studying for the ATPLs. Electronics helped me understand quicker when Im reading about the aircrafts electrical system, it helped understand things quicker.

Geography is a great subject. I thoroughly enjoy'd it. Contrary to popular belief, we hardly ever touched maps...but the reason why its so useful is because I widened my understanding and developed an 'appreciation' of the land i fly over every flight. For example, I was flying over the Hastings coasts, and I immediately recognised the ripraps, groyns, the breakwaters i studied in geogaphy lessons, you have an understanding of the coastal processes. Or when you're following or crossing rivers, you look down and you immediately know why and how the river meanders, and the processes that lead to that funny looking 'ox-bow' lake over time. You appreciate towns, villages, cities and why they grew over time. Why that resevoir is needed, the dam etc. You appreciate the vast farm lands because you studied a lot about the different methods of farming and the technicalities involved. I just found geography to be a very useful subject to give a 'meaning' to the vast land I navigate over and hence enchances my overall flying experience :)

P16

Tubbs
26th Jun 2003, 05:40
biology, arithmetic and PE. sorry , shouldn't post when drunk. What was the question again?

pilot_2b
28th Jun 2003, 19:30
tubbs the question is at the top of the page !! ;)