PDA

View Full Version : atc jobs abroad

sonicdeathmonkey
22nd Jun 2003, 23:11
Hello!

Would be grateful if anyone knows of any vacancies in Area Control or of any links to sites (for far/middle east, europe or america) if they could let me know...

ta:cool:

Roger Dodge
23rd Jun 2003, 01:46
Sonic

For Middle East try www.sercomerecruit.com

You will need a min of 5 years experience if you want to do Area radar over there (3 for Approach I think).

Hope that helps :ok:

Scott Voigt
23rd Jun 2003, 12:15
Need to get a macro for this <G>... You can discount getting an ATC job in the US unless you are a US citizen... Any rumor otherwise is just wishfull thinking by folks...

regards

Scott

360BakTrak
24th Jun 2003, 23:45
Anybody know if New Zealand recruit from oversea's? :confused:

dannyo
30th Jun 2003, 20:10

I am soon to be starting my course @ Hurn and was doing a little investigation about where my future prospects could lie.

I got in touch with the guys who run the ATC in New Zealand and asked what the likelihood of being able to to work over there. The response I got was less than encouraging. First of all, they have no shortage of controllers, unlike most other countries it seems. Secondly, they run some sort of "bidding" system for the positions over there. This last bit made no sense to me whatsoever.

I started by looking on www.airways.co.nz and asked them. suggest you do the same if you want the complete low down.

Australia seemed a bit better.

Good Luck

Point Seven
1st Jul 2003, 05:54
dannyo

Don't waste our time if all you want to do is scamper off. Oz won't take you (you need to be sponsored and even if they did start, you're at the back of a VERY LONG queue).

niknak
1st Jul 2003, 06:33
Well said P7.
Its a shame that they don't have the intelligence to realise that these pages are monitered by the big bad instructors at the College.

Bright-Ling
1st Jul 2003, 07:17
fiver says he won't complete ADC2.

looking forward to seeing you in the future.:ok:

Jerricho
1st Jul 2003, 15:45
You in the college now Sonic, and looking elsewhere already?

Geeze, I thought I was going to cop some stick.......at least it's been 6 years.

And Dannyo......what P7 said. Advertising the fact you have intentions on beginning in the college is plain loco! You going to turn up at the unit if you complete the course, and tell them that you want to validate as fast as possible so you can get out?

Short Approach?
1st Jul 2003, 16:40
Apart from the loco student :-)

Is Canada an option for a twr/app controller?

1st Jul 2003, 20:56
Arent you on the short list for South Africa?
Things must be getting bad in Denmark. Heard you guys are way overstaffed and that a few folks are getting the golden hand shake...
Good luck anyway.
Try www.navcanada.ca

contact_tower
1st Jul 2003, 22:39
Things must be getting bad in Denmark. Heard you guys are way overstaffed and that a few folks are getting the golden hand shake...

The Norwegian operator Avinor (former "NATAM") announced a restructureing plan 27/6-03. If the intire plan is completed we will se a reduction in ATCC's from 4 to 1 or 2, and a change from ATC to just AFIS service on 3 regional airports. Furthermore staffing in some TWR/APP units will be reduced, as well as the total ellimination of air data assistants from both TWR/APP and partly in area units due to automation. Training of new controllers will be cut with 50%, as well as 25% reduction in spending on update training programs. Some restructuring of the technical services is allso planned.

In total 395 souls, split 40/40/20% between controllers, assistants and engineers/techs

Needless to say the unions have started to dig in. :sad:

sonicdeathmonkey
2nd Jul 2003, 17:05
No I'm not at the college :)

Barnaby the Bear
2nd Jul 2003, 17:20
I could be completely wrong, but do you think Dannyo's name is Daniel?
ADC2. I give it the morning after the Meet & Greet!!!!!!:yuk:
:ok:

sonicdeathmonkey
2nd Jul 2003, 17:54
You could be right Barnaby!! If so I hear it's straightforward enough to change your name by deedpoll these days

;)

Jerricho
2nd Jul 2003, 17:55
Sorry Sonic, I totally got the wrong end of the stick!

Short Approach?
2nd Jul 2003, 19:25
126,7!

I was.

But it seems I was too specific in my demands to location. Apparently they still (one month before work force arrives) don't know exactly where they need people to work.

Very reassuring :p

dannyo
2nd Jul 2003, 21:45
whoah there guys!!!

I first must point out that I have NO intention of sacking the UK the minute I finish my training! That is if I get through as you so rightly point out!!

My enquiries were on a purely "interested in whether qualifications were valid elsewhere in the world" basis. When I asked NZ, they responsded with all the gen on bidding for jobs etc...

All I was trying to do was to impart some knowlegde that I had gleaned to someone who was obviously interested. For crying out load, you probably know how to strangle someone, doesn't mean you're going to go out and do it tomorrow does it?

Geez! some people

Chill:ok:

Jerricho
2nd Jul 2003, 22:59
Dannyo, you perhaps have to understand where some of these guys are coming from. I can tell you first hand that some people get p*ssed off at someone who they put all their hard work and effort into training, who's turns around 5 minutes later and says stuff you I'm outta here! (Stop pointing fingers P7, deep down I do have a conscience...........) And if it was known this was their intention from the start, then they get VERY p*ssed off. ATCO's are strange beasts.

Your analogy of knowing how to strangle somebody is a good one. You may feel like doing it on more than one occasion while at CATC (or whatever the hell they call it now), but good luck..................

dannyo
3rd Jul 2003, 15:57
Jerricho

I see your point!

Just p****s me off when people go off on one without knowing the full SP! (Although maybe the same could be said for me)

I humbly apologise to anyone I may have offended by what I have said. Thay say "knowledge is power" but it can't half get you into trouble sometimes!

Yours, (watching what I say)

Dannyo:ok:

AirNoServicesAustralia
4th Jul 2003, 00:42
I don't think it matters what dannyos intentions are after training as I think most ATC providers worth their salt require at least 3 years (if not 5 ) experience before taking you on. And from a personal point of view I think you need 5 years experience to be ready to handle ATC in a new place as it is a BIG shock to the system no matter where you come from and go. After putting in 5 years I don't think anyone can bitch about you leaving.

And yes SERCO Middle East require 5 years for area (no idea about approach) although have heard of that being skimped on if they are really desperate for staff. Staff wise we're all pretty flush at the moment though.