PDA

View Full Version : Female Qantas Pilots

nika
20th Jun 2003, 11:58
(My first topic post - pls be kind)

Just out of interest, does anyone know how many female pilots fly for Qantas? I was curious because I have only ever seen guys up the front.

Also, has Qantas ever had an all female flight crew?

Erin

DX Wombat
20th Jun 2003, 17:13
I have no idea of the number of female pilots flying for QANTAS but I do know they have at least two captains on 767s:D :ok: as I have been on two flights from Perth to Singapore where the captain has been female. :ok: :ok:

Draven
21st Jun 2003, 00:08
Hi

Don't know about Qantas, but i do know on this side of the world TAP-Air Portugal as had several flights with an all crew female that is Captain, the F/O and Cabin Crew . :D :ok: :E

Cheers
JP

Draven <--> Flying Kangaroo

Draculas Teabag
22nd Jun 2003, 15:39
I think they had an all female (tech and cabin) for the first time back in the early nineties on the 767.

There are quite a few around now. My first four trips had female tech crew (2nd officers). There are at least 2 767 captains and one on the 743 and one on the 744. Quite a few are FOs and there are even more SOs.

I would guess around 50 total out of just over 2000.

nika
24th Jun 2003, 12:25
Thanks guys for your feedback. Perhaps one day I will get there.

Draven
24th Jun 2003, 15:27
Hi Nika,

I'm pretty sure if you set your mind to it, you can reach your goal:ok: it's hard work, so you have to work that extra bit:D

Good Luck
JP

Draven <----> Flying Kangaroo

topgundom
26th Jun 2003, 04:37
It is illegal to have two female pilots because they would have to go to the toilet at the same time. ;)

rmmonteiro
26th Jun 2003, 22:33
draven , that flight u say, must have been one in a million for TAP air Portugal have only one female captain and 7/8 F/O. and all the rest of the crew were wemen? strange, almost impossible, but if u say so , it was a great coincidence:D .

cheers

RMM

Draven
27th Jun 2003, 02:13
Almost impossible, is still possible:ok:

I dont see why is so strange, rare yes, but strange...

And just for the record so that there is no doughts, a friend of mine from TAP confirmed what i mentioned above:D

I hope i can catch Captain Teresa, on my flight with TAP from LHR-LIS this Saturday heheheh

Bom dia
Joćo

Eff Oh
1st Jul 2003, 16:36
BA had a female Concorde First Officer, who is now a B777 Captain I believe. Also Virgin Atlantic had a husband and wife Captain F/O combo on the B747!!

Jerricho
3rd Jul 2003, 20:45
Can attest to a female 744 driver...............

One of the Oriental routes (can't remember which one) into LHR a couple of weeks ago. Kinda nice to hear an Aussie chickie (no disrespect intended)that wasn't associated with Home and Away or "than damn Ramsay Street". Or a Minogue sister................

GlueBall
3rd Jul 2003, 22:42
Female Concorde Pilot (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/361070/L/)