PDA

View Full Version : Bit windy today

Dude~
19th Jun 2003, 21:07
Bit windy today, anyone been up in the london area? Is it gusty? Thinking of flying this evening after work, but not sure yet!

Aussie Andy
19th Jun 2003, 22:22
I reckon evenings are the best time to fly - everything generally goes lovely and smooth - probably depends on the passage of the front today though (ref. Metform 215)?

Andy

FormationFlyer
20th Jun 2003, 04:16
Not today..stopped flying at 3pm when the gust hit 36kts....

ho hum. Oh well and I had the height for stalling...if only I could get there - I pulled the a/c out, me & the student strapped in and when the stall warner sounded before engine start we decided to put it back in the hanger! :uhoh:

Flyin'Dutch'
20th Jun 2003, 05:59
Breezy during the day but after 1800 the wind calmed down considerably.

Unfortunately had to travel by road to Bourn but it must have been a cracking evening for a bimble around.

FD

bluskis
20th Jun 2003, 07:28
Gusting thirty at thirty deegrees off centre line,amazed when the touchdown was just like you would want it.

Must say Flaps were lowered, retracted, then lowered again (on base) just to make sure of a short run out while the airspeed was occilatong plus minus 15kts.

Very interesting.

Was amazed to listen to London Inf spend time to read the Guernsey weathre to another brother flyer;

Few on the ground, two octas 100 ft ovrcast 200 ft. All very serious when there was zero possibility of any legal approach.

Ace Rimmer
20th Jun 2003, 14:59
Rimmer News' own Clurrr (the wonder crab) - who has taken a couple of days off the go flying – re-appeared in the office late yesterday pm

says she: (switch to high speed Brummie) "It'sabitwindyoutthere AND Ihadtoscudrunabitto getbackintoShorehamnot likelastweekendat Henlowwhen I went flying in aMothdidIshowyowthepicsoftheMothstillit'smeanttobebettertomo rrowwhered'yowthink I shouldgo foran XC?"

says me (trapped in the Reigate Lubianka don't forget): "bog off Clur"

Says she: "butoimonlyaskin" (complete with $hite-eating "I'm going flying tomorrow and you're not' smirk on visage)

...Exit Clur the wonder crab at high speed followed by recent CD of jungle jet images...