PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Project Propeller 2003?

Aussie Andy
18th Jun 2003, 07:23
Hi all,

Anyone else going to Project Propeller (http://www.projectpropeller.co.uk) this year? If so, hope to see you there!

I hope to make it to York/Elvington in Warrior G-BEFA, with just one pax, an 80yr old ex- Wireless Op from Bombers based in Yorkshire during the war.

Andy

Lowtimer
18th Jun 2003, 15:30
I am down to go, silver Yak-52 G-BWOD. My passenger is a former flight engineer on the mighty Halifax. Fingers crossed for one of the days between the cu-nim systems...

High Wing Drifter
18th Jun 2003, 15:44
What a fantastic idea for an event! Probably a bit late to arrange anything for this year, and besides, I don't think I will have the aircraft for that weekend. Definately going in my diary as a reminder for next year.

Rallye Driver
18th Jun 2003, 16:45
I've got an Arrow (G-MEAH) booked from Stapleford. We've got three aircraft going this year.

My two passengers are a Lancaster rear gunner and radio operator.

Definitely fingers crossed for a nice day.

RD :ok:

FNG
18th Jun 2003, 17:43
Regrettably, I have just had to cancel attending this year, after two years participating in this most excellent event. HWD, I don't think that it's too late to join in: drop[ the organiser a line. Have fun all who are going.

Aussie Andy
18th Jun 2003, 18:06
Great! Look forward to seeing you guys up there... likewise, I'm praying hard to the weather Gods for this one..!

Anyone else thinking of staying overnight? My pax is up for it... I am looking into B&B's... I figure it'll take the pressure off having to get back same day, and hopefully allow time for a few beers!

FNG: you will be missed man... I am just back from fun trip in US (from Connecticut over Adirondack mtns, up to St LAwrence Seaway / Canadian border) - let me know if time for a beer in the City one evening or lunch, so I can regale you!

Andy :O

Dunc
18th Jun 2003, 18:56
Aussie

Taking three 'Crew' in my Aztec from Elstree G-ASND. I understand that a Chipmunk is coming from Elstree to.

However they still have six Crew (ner Elstree) that need transport - can anyone help?

Capt BK
18th Jun 2003, 19:54
Unfortunately I won't be flying in but I will be there providing fire cover:uhoh: If you see a big fire tender coming towards you (and it is BIG!) don't worry, its just another friendly ppruner coming across for a chat!:ok:

See you there

Dusty_B
18th Jun 2003, 20:38
If anyone else wants to stay overnight (either Friday or Saturday), could you please let me know (http://www.projectpropeller.co.uk/pp/register/overnighters/) as soon as possible. I need to arrange food, drink and transport.

:ok:

PhilD
19th Jun 2003, 01:54
I'll be there - 2 passengers from Redhill in an Arrow - G-BEOH.

Look forward to seeing a few ppruners

Baldy bob
19th Jun 2003, 05:22
Hi,

I'm flying into Elstree from Nuthampstead to pick up two crew in a DR 400

Fingers crossed for the weather!

Hope to meet you then

ps - First post on PPRuNe

Aussie Andy
19th Jun 2003, 05:51
Welcome to PPRUNE Baldy Bob!

Well, I think its only fair we give each other fair warning of what we look like: here goes then...

http://ukga.com/images/content/preview/image537.jpg

Andy :yuk:

FormationFlyer
19th Jun 2003, 06:02
Im going In PA34 Seneca G-CAHA. Ive got 3 passengers along and this is my 3rd project propeller (missed it last year due to wife having a baby...).

Perhaps this would prove usefulfor some as I have had problems getting a current plate...

http://www.elvington.biz/images/Aerodrome%20plan.jpg

Although beware the plate may be very out of date..possibly the rwy is now designated as 25 not 26?

Dunc
19th Jun 2003, 07:51
Baldy Bob

What time are you collecting your passengers from Elstree?

Baldy bob
19th Jun 2003, 15:03
Hi Dunc,

I will probably land at Elstree at around 9 o'clock and will aim to depart at 10:00

Aussie Andy

If I can find a photo and figure out how to post it I'll do the same

Aussie Andy
19th Jun 2003, 17:50
Baldy - its easy to post an image - you just need to put it on a website somewhere and then link to it using the [IMG] tags provided (press the IMG button in the editor) to enter the URL of where the image is.

If you (or others) don't have somewhere to on the web to put your images, then send to me (email [email protected]) and I will put on for you.

Andy

SteveR
19th Jun 2003, 18:05
I'm almost certainly going, from Rochester, with (ATM) spare seats.

I was going to have to scrub on the grounds of expense, but when my pax and I spoke he understood perfectly well that volunteering my wallet for a 3.5hr flight was a bit silly when I'm not earning at the moment, and is going to organise a whip round.

He's going to ask his 85 year old Lanc bomb aimer mate if he wants to come, so we've still got at least one spare seat.

I'll be in a very, very, blue Gardan Horizon G-GYAT

Steve R

ps. If any pilot wants to come along, I'm happy to let you fly and log one leg.

pps: I'm the one alarmingly close to the rather attractive female American visitor to a 388th bomber group reunion last month. On this occasion I gave rides to two vets, a waist gunner and a radio op.

http://www.e-logbooks.com/lki-2003_1.jpg

BlueRobin
19th Jun 2003, 18:25
You card, Steve!

Due to other commitments that weekend, I cancelled yet still got the letter from Dennis. Someone's going to be disappointed when I don't show...

Aussie Andy
25th Jun 2003, 21:26
Current Bracknell forecast chart for 12UTC Saturday shows an occluded frontal system running the entire length of Britian from north to south... HERE'S HOPING THE FORECAST IS WRONG!!!

Aussie Andy
26th Jun 2003, 06:10
Hang on... Bracknell forecast charts on PHD appear to be a bit scr*wed up: both th 72hr and 96hr f'cast charts indicate they are valid for 12 UTC on Saturday... having checked against the USAF equivalent charts, looks like Saturday is maybe OK, while Sunday looks sh1te! So I think I will scrap the idea of staying overnight on Saturday...

Hope to see one and all there!

Andy

down&out
26th Jun 2003, 06:49
JUst seen this thread and had I known about it in advance I would have been more than happy to participate - what a great idea.

Unfortunately I am already tied up this w/e (And I can't get my hands on either of the a/c I usually rent), so Post it up here early next year to remind us all

Those that go - have a great time!

D&O