PDA

View Full Version : bmi short on aircraft and/or crews?

Gaza
17th Jun 2003, 20:39
This morning's BD16 was operated by EAL 737-200. Looking at the schedules for the next week shows several bmi flights being operated by 737-200. A 30 year old charter config 737 will not please those paying £300+ for a Business Class ticket.

What gives?

Gonzo
17th Jun 2003, 20:49
Is it the effect of the one out of action from the hailstorm maybe?

Gonzo.

Flying Kangaroo
17th Jun 2003, 21:08
Could Be.

But i know BMI ( Regional ) took a lease for 1 ERJ145 from Portugalia Airlines (CS-TPJ) if im not mistaken for 1 year.

Regards
JP

BRISTOLRE
17th Jun 2003, 22:29
Yes, G-CEXD operated the BD053 last week ex-LHR - what a surprise to see a B732 in LHR operating frontline services from BMi.

Also a TF-regd B757 also planned to be loaned from Icelandair over the summer.

JoyDivision
17th Jun 2003, 22:52
Gaza, it will probably please them somewhat more than a canx!

Airbus215
17th Jun 2003, 23:57
Right Guys

Lets get our facts right and put a few myths to bed .....

The EAL 732 is NOT in charter config , It is 118Y 31" seat pitch and split cabin with divider . The on board product is FULL bmi dual class service complete with bmi rep on board.

The TF Icelandic 757 was operating for bmi CHARTER for a short period due to the un service ability of the aircarft damaged in the recent hailstorm. Again this featured FULL bmi CHARTER product and once again 2 bmi reps on board.

The Icelandic 757 has now completed its very short wet lease period and there are currently no plans to wet lease this aircraft during the summer months .

Have a nice day guys .....
:cool:

Gaza
18th Jun 2003, 00:08
The EAL 732 is NOT in charter config , It is 118Y 31" seat pitch and split cabin with divider . The on board product is FULL bmi dual class service complete with bmi rep on board.

That may be so but below is a direct quote from a pax who was on BD16 this morning.

Needless to say, configuration was not bmi standard and C class pax got a lukewarm breakfast. No wide seat, no papers. Staff were European Aviation not bmi, and service was rubbish.

BlackCatz
18th Jun 2003, 00:26
The quote was from me, and I can certainly tell the difference between standard bmi C service and the joke this morning.

For example, cabin configuration was 3-3 not 2-3 at the front, there was no cabin divider at all, and if a bmi rep was on the plane s/he was certainly not visible. The four cabin crew were definitely EAL staff. No newspapers were in evidence, and as the previous quote says, the breakfast was served lukewarm.

The facts, not "myths".

BC

Max Angle
18th Jun 2003, 04:41
bmi short on aircraft and/or crews? Well from the inside it seems we are short of both. One due to an unfortunate incident and the other due to poxy planning and poor resource management.

UFGBOY
18th Jun 2003, 05:04
can well imagine poor service - when I flew for them and did subs for JEA ex BHX it was all my colleagues could do to offer more than 1 t/c service to C class on a breakfast CDG

Trouble is no 'C' class training given to anyone and the attotuide is just - - give it out and do the bare minimum

Alll the supposed experience brought in when they recruit/promote ? - don't make me laugh - u can't polish a t@@d!!

fAter all, how long does it take to cook off a breakfst properly?

Also, betcha the bread items were served cold!!

Arkroyal
18th Jun 2003, 08:16
G-CEXD operated the BD053 last week ex-LHR - what a surprise to see a B732 in LHR operating frontline services from BMi.
Even more surprising to find that G-CEXD is a Channex Fokker F27. At least the Pax would have plenty of time to enjoy a luke warm breakfast!

BlackCatz
18th Jun 2003, 14:49
The 732 would have been one of G-CEA/C-J. All 737-229s built around 1974/5. Apparently the 732 is being used until August.

BC

groundhugger
18th Jun 2003, 18:20
just my tuppence worth I am sure the aircraft used has been configured 131y not 118y as mentioned earlier
and is the Portugalia lease not to cover maintenance being carried out on the bmir emb`s at Portugalias hangers in portugal?

Yellow Sun
18th Jun 2003, 19:23
BlackCatz

The 732 would have been one of G-CEA/C-J. All 737-229s built around 1974/5. Apparently the 732 is being used until August.

Any idea where I could find the manufacturer's serial nos. for these aircraft?

Tks
YS

Ringwayman
18th Jun 2003, 20:13
Jethro's UK & Ireland fleet listing for European Air Charter (http://www.jethros.i12.com/FLEETS/Listings/E_A_A_C.html)

blue meanie
18th Jun 2003, 20:38
or try

http://www.jetphotos.net/census/listing.php?model=B737classic

Bezi l
19th Jun 2003, 23:13
Guys - just to clear up a few factors and agree with Airbus215

The European 737-200 is operating on behalf of bmi on services ex LHR due to the shortfall in aircraft caused by DJ hail damage. (A subject previously covered extensively on this forum).

The Aircraft is NOT in charter configuration and has 118 seats on board with a 31" seat pitch, with a moving curtain. Yes - unfortuately it is not equiped with convertable seating so has has a 3 + 3 seating arrangement.

There is a bmi representative on board the aircraft, and if he/she didn't make themselves available, then a written complaint to customer services will probably be the correct way to go.

Hopefully DJ should be back from Toulouse by the end of July, so that normal service can be resumed!!!

BL
xx

groundhugger
20th Jun 2003, 02:35
regarding the aircraft config on the 737-200 I didnt realise the aircraft had changed throughout the week as we had gcead operating into edi on the bmi flights and it was configured 131y
whereas gceai is 118y

Firm Touchdown
20th Jun 2003, 07:47
DJ wont be back from Toulouse until Sept!