PDA

View Full Version : Views on JAA training in US

Branke
16th Jun 2003, 20:01
I am currently in the process of selecting a US school for JAA commercial training - to that end I would appreciate your comments on which schools to recommend / stay away from.

Has anyone lately been to the Comair / Delta Connection or Oxford in Tylor?

Bubbletoes
28th Jun 2003, 20:41
check your private messages. hope it helps.

dorosenco
29th Jun 2003, 12:08
I thought that France doesn't like its pilots to be trained in the US ... I'm having a hard time to explain the DGAC that US training is worth something. ;)
Anyway, Oxford in Tyler will only accept you through Oxford UK, they don't have direct admissions into the JAA program. Commair in Orlando, FL is a good school as well as EFT(european flight training) in Vero Beach.

hope it helps,
:D

FlyingForFun
30th Jun 2003, 16:22
Oxford in Tyler will only accept you through Oxford UK, they don't have direct admissions into the JAA programReally? I contacted them about doing a JAR CPL (don't think I'll use them, but that's not a reflection on them - I thought they looked excellent) and they seemed like they'd be more than happy for me to go directly through them. :confused:

FFF
--------------

dorosenco
1st Jul 2003, 00:01
Hummm....:bored:

I talked to their admissions director 3 days ago and the guy asked me to call Oxford UK for admission into their CPL program. He said that all international admissions should go through the UK first. Well, I don't get it anymore...

FlyingForFun
1st Jul 2003, 00:08
Interesting! Oh well, it's not very important in the grand scheme of things, is it. Whether you apply through Oxford or not, my impression was that they are an honest bunch with a good reputation, although they do suffer from the same minor admin issues as Oxford themselves. Wish I had a chance to do some flying there to back up this impression.

FFF
-----------

dorosenco
1st Jul 2003, 06:51
:confused: :confused:

Chris from Oxford in Tyler just called me 30mins ago to tell me that they accept now applicants directelly into the JAA CPL program in Texas, USA. They guy sounded very uneducated regarding the requirements, FRTOL license, etc ... It sounds like they are about to start their independent admissions bypassing Oxford, UK. I'm afraid that they don't know too much about the JAA license. I would still go through the UK. They have Arrows for $100/hr + $30/hr for instructor which is a GREAT price compared to Florida ($180/hr with Comair or $200/hr with EFT).

:cool:

Watchoutbelow
11th Jul 2003, 13:03
Comair/ Delta Connections In Sanford Florida is a professional outfit forr JAA training, JAA exams are now sat there reguarly, however Sanford is slap bang in the center of the bible belt of the U.S and is a complete dive, don't forget you will have to live there and you won't be studying all the time, despite what you think before you go.
Don't know what is going on in Naples but no harm checking it out, apparently a good crowd and very reasonable.