PDA

View Full Version : Fly BE & Chinese 146's

HZ123
16th Jun 2003, 08:58
Two qustions which interest me. FLYBE have numerous routes now as an LC operator. A number from SOU clearly transit or appear to at JER /GCI. I am aware that FLYBE previously operated many inter - UK routes plus a number of regional-europe. It appears that they do considerably more work than before, if so have they inceased their fleet numbers or are they operating a high number of flying hours per day.

SEN has four Chinese reg 146s', when I was there recently I was told they were here for 3 x refurb and return and 1 x wfu and probable scrap. I find this odd as surely CAAC have had 146's for many years and would surely have their own facilities to refurb and moreso they would not spend the monies involved in flying one to the UK for scrapping. Answers on a post card ?

Fullback
17th Jun 2003, 05:26
HZ....
Can't comment on the 2nd question.
As regards the first.... we've leased in a Titan 146 until Oct. A Buzz coloured 146 on short term lease and 2 146s on long-term lease arriving in the next 2 months.
As well as that 2 new D8-400s arrive during the first part of July.
The CRJs will be gone by the end of June.
So yes... more capacity being added and we're all working like Trojans!!

HZ123
26th Jun 2003, 00:59
The four A/C have not moved since they arrived and the local spotters confirm that no work has taken place. Any advances of friom the engineering fraternity.