PDA

View Full Version : C-152 or C-172 available for hire?

petersharp
15th Jun 2003, 20:53
I am a 100hrs JAR PPL(A) and have recently moved to northern France and would like to carry on flying here. Does anyone know of a Cessna 152 or 172 available for hire around the LeTouquet, Boulogne, St Omer area?

Merci d'advance

PorcoRosso
16th Jun 2003, 22:22
Plenty of flying clubs around , where you may find Cessna to fly.
If not, Robin are nice too.
If you are in France already, I suggest you visit those airports and meet the local flying club members.

Enjoy your flying in France

petersharp
17th Jun 2003, 05:53
Thanks for the tip. Yes the Robin is very nice. Most of my P1 hours are on Cessnas. I was trying to avoid the cost of converting to a new type.

thanks again........... petersharp

PorcoRosso
17th Jun 2003, 17:12
Well, a Robin is not exactly a "type" ;) it's the same class as a Cessna and they are much more comfortable to fly (outside view is fantastic ) You won't need a lot of training to get used to this french wooden wonder (we have some ! )
In any case, as I mentionned earlier, finding Cessnas in Flying Clubs houldn't be a problem.
So you know where to go this week-end !!!

3MTA3
18th Jun 2003, 01:58
Anyway, anytime you rent a plane in a new club you have to take a check flight. I don't think it should be a problem changing make and model ;)

petersharp
18th Jun 2003, 17:53
Finding check rides a bit less scary now that I've done a few. But the aircraft have always had a wheel to steer with. Never tried it with a stick.

Guess I might have to learn to fly a 'real' airplane.

ATC Watcher
19th Jun 2003, 05:58
The difference between a Robin (jodel) aircraft and a Cessna is about se same as between a Volkswagen and an Alfa romeo.
transtion is about 3 hours . Wheels are for kids. ( but in practice no diffrence with a stick you' ll see )Main difference is you have to fly some Jodel types with your right hand ( left on the throttle ) the opposite of the cessnas... and watch the color codes ; yellow is carb reheat in France ! not mixure.
Ah and nearly all our Jodels/Robin are metric ! welcome to the Continent.
Vive la difference culturelle,

PPRuNeUser0215
20th Jun 2003, 06:32
yellow is carb reheat in France ! not mixure.
What do you mean ATC Watcher ? what aircraft has a yellow lever for mixture ? I knew about the some of older Barons where the Mixture would not be in the conventional place but colors, i must have been lucky.
I can remember that carb heat being grey on the DR400 Remo... Is that right or has it been too long since ?

Southernstar
20th Jun 2003, 20:52
You have as much variant as you have Robin aircrafts, some are metricother more conventional...

Usually the metric are the one used for towing.

I prefere the Robin feeling (even the Rallye), than a cessna or piper, thes little french aircraft are easy to fly and with the stick its more direct and precise.

ATC Watcher
21st Jun 2003, 04:20
The two 152s I used had the carb heat black and the mixure yellow, one registered in Belgium the other in Germany. Incidentally the Rallye 180 we use to tow in my gliding club in Germany also has a black carb and a yellow mixure.
But the knobs are all standard !
I have not used Cessnas in France. In general I prefer to see where I go when I turn.