PDA

View Full Version : A request ...

skysoarer
14th Jun 2003, 00:57
Hello!

This is probably a post that advises Private Messages or one or more of us may get done for slander ... eh Scroggs!?

Basically - which is better ... I cannot decide ... Western Michigan or BAE Systems In Jerez? Anything negative should be Private messages, but I need honest opinions on both and if you're an ex-student or even an AIRLINE representative involved with training sponsored students and live near Egham, Surrey then I'll buy you a beer and travel to have a chat - or drop me a private message/email.

Pros for Jerez (which I have visited):
- Local
- Friendly (staff and students awesome).
- Oh the weather ... but it does rain!
- Sudent poaching by airlines (potentially) because it's local and many airlines fly to Jerez - Britannia have started recently because of the football.
- Big name backing.
- Great food.
- Lots of courses.

Pros for Western Michigan (which I haven't visited, yet.):
- A little cooler.
- The uni is huge, little chance of going under.
- They are training JAA (at least last Thursday when I spoke to them).
- Cheaper, alot cheaper via exchange rate.
- Better weather experience as it's not always CAVOK (sometimes RAPCO - raining and probably cold).
- I would imagine good food and nice lodgings and typical too-nice local people.

Writable cons for Jerez:
- Hot, very.
- Quiet airspace, could be Pro but then try flying in UK!
- Language barrier if you don't know Spanish, but learning it would be very advantagous.

Writable cons for West Mich:
- Weather, could be unflyable.
- Distance, therefore further for airline reps to travel in order to poach. Do they poach from West Mich? They used to.
- Fewer courses running.
- Travelling to UK for CAA exams.

The message I got from Britannia was that they used Jerez because it was closer, cheaper and you got more for your money; they were looking at European and UK schools so Western Michigan was out of the equation anyway.

Hope someone out there, somewhere, can help!

Sky:ugh:

ecj
16th Jun 2003, 05:14
When it comes to professional training think QUALITY, QUALITY, QUALITY every time.

The fact that the airspace is quieter in Spain can be helpful.

Work hard, and obtain first time passes. It is important.

skysoarer
19th Jul 2003, 06:09
PLEASE HELP!!! Or I'll start to feel lonely ... BTW: How much have people budgeted for a complete course at either school?
:}