PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Flights with GO/EasyJet

interestedparty
14th Jun 2003, 00:12
I seem to recall that GO's flights from BRS were invariably close to schedule - save for the odd hiccough.
Now EJ have taken over the inverse seems to apply - delays rule.
Does anyone know the reason for this?

Wee Weasley Welshman
14th Jun 2003, 00:34
It has not changed dramatically. If it has changed then it slightly to the worse.

The basic fact of a Very Big Operation now means that things aren't as well managed as in the past.

Keeping 20 odd aircraft flying was a lot easier than keeping 60 odd.

GASH !
14th Jun 2003, 01:26
I can only speak for EDI, but since EZY swallowed up GO, there seem to be far more crew changes. EZY do not factor in any extra time for this (20 mins) turnaround. The result is that one aircraft will arrive later than the other, the crews swap over walk to their new aircraft and the flight can typically take a 40 minute delay. The BRS and STN early morning flight seems a favourite for EZY to swap the crews about and thus kop a delay. As I say, this happens at EDI, not sure about other stations.

redfield
15th Jun 2003, 03:00
WWW: "Things aren't managed as well as in the past." True, but hardly surprising really: a typical shift in the Ops department at Luton consists of TWO BLOKES. Seems to me that Easy Ops are somewhat understaffed? No the wonder we can never get through on the telephone! It took them an hour and a half to get a flight plan through the other day, and they frequently change a/c without telling anybody. Just out of curiosity, is an airline ALLOWED to operate 60+ a/c with a two-man ops department???:uhoh:

im going in
15th Jun 2003, 16:18
Redfield, have you ever been to EZY ops, i think yr find there are more than 2 people per shift. Now with the threat of 13 redundancies within the dept, maybe they have other things on their mind. Think it is a case of too many chiefs.